Confronting the Demons

I anxiously bit my nails as I paced the charred floors of the Hale house. My mind was racing and I couldn't sit still. I decided today was the day, it had to be. I couldn't go another day in this god forsaken town without talking to my family. I knew this day would come, I just didn't expect it to happen so soon.

I mumbled various scenarios to myself on how I could approach the situation. Do I go to the house and knock on the door? Do I call? How do I explain everything? Do they hate me? Would they even want to see me again?

All these questions played on a loop in my mind as I raked my fingers through my long dark hair. I couldn't do it. There's no way I can do this, they're going to slam the door shut in my face and never want to see me again. I can't loose them both.

Anxiety was gnawing away at my insides. I don't even know what I'd say, after all these years what can I say? Do I just say I'm sorry and that's it? Will they understand?

"That's it. I'm not going to do it, nope no way." I said as I continued to pace. "But I have to, if I don't tell them and they find out it'll hurt them even more. What if Scott opened his big mouth and they already know I'm here?" I continued to mumble to myself. "Oh god what if I show up and they don't even recognize me?!" I let out a frustrated sigh and kicked the wall that was in front of me. Hurting my foot in the process.

"Ah damn it!" I said as I leaned onto my good foot. "I can't do this. I can't, that's it I'm leaving!" I said as I walked over to the door getting ready to walk outside and escape.

That is until a strong hand grabbed the back of my arm, stopping me from leaving. "Derek I swear to god if you don't let me go right now, you won't live to see tomorrow." I said angrily as I tried to get out of his grip.

After a few attempts of trying to escape I sighed and stopped moving, knowing there was no way I'd get out. I turned around half expecting to see that stupid smug look on his face, but what shocked me was the concern and confusion contorting his features.

"What do you think you're doing?" Derek asked me. I gave him an 'are you serious' look. He raised both eyebrows at me, waiting for an answer.

"What does it look like I'm doing Derek? Huh? I'm leaving, I'm doing what I do best and running away from my problems. Pretending they don't exist until one day they just blow up in my face." I said angrily, I just wanted all of this to be over with, I wanted my life back.

"You're not leaving" Derek said tightening his grip on my arm.

"Oh and who's going to stop me? You?" I scoffed. "You couldn't stop me even if you tried" I said as I tried once again to get my arm out of his grip.

"If I have to then yes I will" he said. I squinted at him, wishing that his hair would catch on fire.

"I'd like to see you try" I ripped my arm from his grip and turned around towards the door and opened it. I was about to step outside when Derek grabbed my arm once again and pulled me back into the house and against his chest. Anger was bubbling inside me, all I wanted to do was leave and maybe punch Derek as I walked out.

My breathing was becoming more heavier the more angrier I got. I was so close to Derek that our chests were touching every time we breathed. I looked up and seen that Derek was already looking down at me.

We both just stared at each other, neither of us moving. Nobody leaned in, Nobody pulled away. The air was buzzing with the electricity between us and I could feel the heat radiating from Derek's body. I began to feel my cheeks heating up, no doubt turning red. What the hell is happening? I thought to myself. The moment, or whatever it was, got interrupted when I heard a car pull into the driveway.