Misery is my Lover

The dark lit forest flew past me as I ran as fast as my legs would let me, the branches hitting me as I blew past them.

I had to get away.

I had to survive.

I had to......

I took a quick glance behind me and instantly regretted it. The beasts red eyes glowing bright against the darkness that surrounded me, it's anger burning into my retinas. It's hot breath on my neck as it got closer with each step that it took.

I gathered all the strength I had left in me and sprinted as quickly as I could, taking a sharp right I continually dodged more branches as I got into the thick of the forest, trying to evade the beast as much as I could. As quick as the beast showed up, it disappeared. I abruptly stopped as I frantically looked around me, trying to find any sort of clue as to where this thing was.

My breathing was labored and heavy as I continuously spun around. I was not going to let this thing kill me. The air was eerily quiet, not a single thing could be heard. It was as if everything had disappeared around me, and I was trapped here alone with this..... monster.....

My legs felt as if they were made of jelly, there was no way I was gonna make it out of here if that thing came back. I don't have the strength in me to try and out run it again.

I slowly backed away, my head continually searching every direction for it. While being distracted by searching for this thing, I didn't notice that my foot had caught under something and I instantly fell backwards onto the cold hard ground.

The air was seemingly sucked out of my lungs, gasping for my breath I looked around me, seeing nothing but the dust from the dirt flying around me in mesmerizing flurries.

Once I got a handle on my breathing, that's when the pain kicked in. I looked down at my foot and noticed it was pointing in the wrong direction. I reached down to touch it, as soon as my fingers grazed the skin, pain shot through my leg as if I had been shot. I muffled my screams as I laid my head back down on the ground.

Silently swearing to myself I tried to figure a way out of here. I pulled my phone out of my pocket, only to find out that it was now destroyed because in my fall, I had landed on it. I threw it onto the ground next to me, it's uselessness mocking me, reminding me that I was now officially fucked.

Gazing up at the stars I mustered up what little energy I had left in my body and managed to get onto my knees. My hair sticking to my face as I looked around once more.

I had to move.

I had to survive.

I quietly groaned as I attempted to stand on my good leg, obviously turning out to be a failure I fell face first into the dirt. Quickly pushing myself up I growled as I attempted to stand again, this time it actually seemed to be working.

Grabbing onto a tree for support I slowly made an attempt at walking. The silence had become deafening, the ringing in my ears had become the only thing to be heard. That is, until a tree branch snapped behind me. Whipping my head around I saw the monsters red eyes once again. Anxiety filled every fiber in my body as I knew this was the end.

My body was frozen in place as the creature approached me, everything inside me was screaming at me to move, tears flowed out of my eyes as it got closer. My body was stuck in this one spot, my nails digging into the tree bark as I prepared myself for the impending death that was approaching me.

A big clawed hand wrapped around my torso and lifted me into the air, I opened my eyes and started at the thing below me it's teeth snapped at me as it's eyes bore into me. I closed my eyes once again, wishing nothing more than this to be a bad dream, for me to wake up and be safe, be alive.

The wind blew past my ears as the monster let out a howl and seemed to shake everything in the forest. My brain rattled against my skull as the howl got louder. The monster threw me against the tree that I had just used as a crutch. A loud snap was heard as an immense burning pain erupted in my ribs. I knew the monster had broken one, or five.

I screamed out in pain as I attempted to move. I began to choke as the ability to breath became harder and harder, I leaned over and coughed up blood. A pool had begun to surround me as I continued to cough. My head became heavier and heavier, my eyelids daring to close. I knew I couldn't let them shut, that was the worst possible thing that I could do right now.

The monster began to slowly approach me, a sinister smile appearing on its face as it got closer to my now dying body. I wanted to run. I couldn't. I wanted to survive...... But there was no way in hell that I had a chance of surviving now.

The last thing I remember seeing was the monster bare it's teeth as it leaned down towards my waist. I tried to move away, but the pain scouring my body instantly stopped me from even attempting to survive.

The monster leaned down and bit into my side. The screams that escaped my throat were so loud and the monster moved away and held its ears. The birds flying out of the trees trying to escape the screams created a clapping sound, as if a thousand people were applauding for a show.

The last thought I remember having was of my brother..... and my father. That I'll probably never see them again, I'm dying and they'll probably never find out.

If only I wouldn't of ran away.

*********************
I screamed as I awoke from that terrible memory. I'd give anything to never remember that day again. That memory soon evaded my mind once I realized something was happening to my body. An immense pain was flowing throughout my body, feeling as if every fiber, every muscle, every cell in my body was being burned and electrocuted.

I opened my eyes and seen the cause of the pain. The only person in the world who could cause this amount of pain and not care about who she was doing it too. I looked around me and seen I was chained up to a chain link fence in a basement of some sorts, a bright light shinning in my face caused me to squint and look down. My shirt had been discarded leaving me in my bra and electrical cords were taped to my sides. My hair had begun to stick to the beads of sweat on my forehead. I groggily looked next to me and seen Derek was in the same situation that I was.

He looked at me, but I couldn't quite distinguish what was swimming in his eyes. I didn't have enough time to think about it as the pain came again. This time to Derek as well, our screams meshed together both of us wolfing out as she held the controls in her hand. A sinister smirk on her face as she enjoyed every moment.

She walked closer to me, her heeled boots clicking against the concrete floor.

"It's been a long time Aria....." Kate Argent said as she smirked at Derek and I. "I think we have some catching up to do."