Freedom?

I growled in Kate's face as she continually taunted me. "Poor Aria" she said with a tsk. "The little runaway of Beacon Hills. Now tell me Aria, what in the hell are you doing back? Especially with a Hale?" She said as she backed away and crossed her arms.

I tried to lunge at her, as much as my body would allow, which wasn't very much. She laughed in pity as she shook her head and looked me up and down. Kate put her hand back onto the controls and started it back up again, this time only for me.

My screams echoed off of the walls as the pain coursed through my entire body. Every inch of me felt like it was on fire, and I couldn't help but question my choice in going with Derek.

The pain subsided as she turned the machine completely off. My head immediately fell forward as I no longer had the energy to hold it up.

Kate walked towards me, lifting my head up when she got to me, forcing me to look at her.

"Maybe you'll understand this. Who's the alpha?" She said with a sinister smile on her face getting closer to me with every word.

I growled at her and lunged once again, but before I could get a could hit on her, she punched me in the stomach, knocking the wind out of my lungs. My body instinctively lurched forward and I desperately gasped for air.

"If I knew that....... I wouldn't be in this situation now would I?!" I tried to yell as loud as I could, but it ended up coming out as a wheeze.

She laughed sarcastically as she walked back over to the control box. Tapping her manicured fingers on the top as she looked down in thought.

She walked over to Derek's coat and began rummaging through it. "Now, either you're not telling me because, well you want to kill him yourself. Or for some reason, you're protecting him." She said as she grabbed his license and walked over to him.

She laughed as she grabbed his face and held the license next to it. "Look at that sour face. I bet you always used to get people coming up to you saying, 'smile Derek. Why don't you smile more?' Don't you just wanna kick those in the face?" She said walking away.

Every ounce of me wanted to escape these chains and attack her but there was no strength left in my body. I looked over at Derek and seen the same expression on his face that I'm sure I had mirrored on mine.

"I can think of one." Derek said. Kate's back stiffened as she turned around to look at us.

"Promise? 'Cause if I thought you'd be that much fun, I'll let you go." Walking back over to his coat and grabbing his phone she began to try and find anything that led to the alpha.

"All right, lets see. Nothing, nothing, nothing. God, I hate this detective crap." She said as I leaned my head back against the railing and closed my eyes, wishing this was all over.

"Are you gonna torture me, or are you just gonna talk me to death huh?" Derek rasped out. I looked over at him with a raised brow. I'd prefer to be talked to death over the electrocution any day.

She turned around with a sigh. "Oh, sweetie, I don't.... I don't wanna torture you." Both Derek and I lifted our heads and looked at her in confusion. "I just want to catch up." I snorted, causing Derek to glare at me, a way of telling me to shut up, but at this point, I didn't care anymore. "Remember all the fun we had together?" I looked at Derek in shock, He'd never mentioned to me that they had a past together.

"Like the time you burned my family alive?!" Derek said cutting her off before she could go into any further detail, which I was thankful for.

Kate laughed again as she turned to face us. "No, I was thinking more about the hot, crazy sex we had." She said getting closer to Derek. Now this, this was pure torture, nothing more torturous than hearing about my best friends past sex experiences. But for some reason, anger bubbled in the pit of my stomach, and all I wanted to do was rip Kate's blonde head apart. "But the fire thing, yeah, that was fun, too."