10.

Harry jumps to his feet the moment his heart starts beating again and he understands what has happened. 

She's running from him, and if he is being honest he doesn't blame her, but he spent too many days wishing she was there for him to let her out of his sight again.

Tash is pulling open the door to the bar when Harry reaches the staircase from his apartment, her heart is thumping in her chest and although she knows this isn't the way to deal with her problems she literally can't handle the flood of memories that are threatening to suffocate her with every breath.  She had loved him, she had loved him more than she's ever loved anyone but what he did is caught on a loop in her mind for the first time in years and it's too overwhelming to deal with right now.

A rush of noise hits Harry's eardrums like whiplash as he pulls the heavy door to the bar open.  It's busy and rowdy and all he can do is yell out Nat's name as he sees her small body ducking and weaving through the crowd of patrons lining up to be served.

"Nat!" Harry screams helplessly into the crowd causing a few drunk people to mimic his pathetic calls.

He is physically pushing someone aside when he feels a heavy hand on his chest, stopping him in his tracks and forcing his attention away from the girl edging further and further away from him.

"Harry, what the fuck!" Jamie is in his face and Harry is trying desperately to ignore him and look around his body.

"Nat!" Harry yells into the crowd again, not giving a fuck if he looks unprofessional or like he has lost his mind because at this point he kinda thinks he has.

Harry finally looks at his best friend who is now looking just as frantically around the room for whoever may seem like the girl who he has heard about nonstop since he met Harry four years ago.

Pain that's only surface deep stings Harry's scalp as he runs a hand through his hair and tugs at the roots, frustrated with the people in his way and coming to the realisation that she's slipped out of his hands.

His arm is being tugged and he finds himself stumbling backward through the crowd and shoved into his office at the back of the room.

"Mate, what is going on?" Jamie asks sternly, the devastation in Harry's eyes starting to scare him.

Harry shakes his head and covers his face in his hands, his chestnut curls fall around his cheeks as he takes in a deep breath.  He doesn't want to talk about what is happening, he can barely process it himself and he is scared that if he says it out loud he may wake up from this bewildering dream.

Jamie's reassuring hand is on his shoulder and he squeezes it gently as a sign of support.

"Nat, you know the girl-" He starts but Jamie interrupts. "The girl you've spoken about every day for the past four years, yep, know the one," he rushes trying to move Harry along to the point a little quicker.

"Yeah, well her full name is Natasha Simms." Harry blurts out, not in the mood for Jamie's sarcasm and watches his friends face morph from a look of confusion to pure shock.

"What! Wait, Tash? You're fucking with me!" Jamie exclaims trying to distinguish a hint of humour on Harry's face.  "Holy fuck! I had no idea!"  He exhales when he finds nothing but sincerity.

"We thought we could pretend it never happened, you know, we went out to dinner and stuff but then it just... I dunno, the past just fought its way through and..." he stutters, pacing in long strides in front of his desk.

"Mate, what are you gonna do?"  Jamies asks, finally on the same page and Harry flops down in his chair, not sure if he's fighting a battle that's already lost.