31.

"Nat!" Harry barges through the door to the hospital room so loudly that the elderly man in the bed next to Tash startles awake.

The pained look on his face is worse than Tash's as he spots her on the bed, a piece of gauze bandaged to her head and a blue hospital gown on.  She looks so fragile and defeated, her eyes tired and her lips chapped, curled downwards into a permanent pout. 

He had no idea what he would find when he ran into that room and he almost laughs in relief to see her sitting up and conscious.

Her sad eyes seem to twinkle just a fraction when they meet his green ones, the concern dripping from his features and bursting through his lips as he rushes to her side, completely ignoring the nurse who is trying to relay instructions to her.

"Babe! Are you ok? What happened? Are you hurt? God, I should have gone with you!" He asks all at once, Tash's headache temporarily thumping a little harder but easing when Harry doesn't wait for an answer about anything and proceeds to sponge kisses all over her face.

"Harry!" she squeaks through her stretchy throat as best she can, trying to get some distance from his mouth so she can actually breathe. 

"m'sorry, I came as quickly as I could, spoke to some woman on your phone they were calling an ambulance. Fuck, I've never been so scared in my whole life," he pants, still out of breath from his sprint through the long corridors of the hospital.

To be honest, neither had Tash, she regained consciousness fairly quickly after blacking out but the commotion of the people around her and the ambulance mixed with the stabbing pain in her ribs was all a little too much.

"I'm her boyfriend," he announces to the nurse who couldn't care less and Tash bites the side of her mouth as a tiny smile ghosts her lips.

"Are you ready to go?" The nurse repeats what she was asking before Harry burst into the room and Tash nods in understanding.

"Wait! Where are you taking her?" Harry yells far too loudly for the level of injury Tash has sustained and the nurse huffs a little in annoyance as she really just wants to get on with it or they are all going to be put off schedule.

"Harry, honey, s'ok, I'm just going to get an MRI. I hit my head, probably just a concussion but they need to check for any bleeding and I think I've broken a rib or two," Tash winces at the thought of the excruciating pain which is now only a dull throb thanks to painkillers.

Harry looks at the nurse for confirmation, worried Tash is sugar coating something more sinister but is relieved when she nods in acknowledgement.

He runs a frustrated hand through his hair and the nurse indicates to him that he can wait for her here or in the waiting room outside before she is helping Tash into a wheelchair.

"Thanks for coming," Tash smiles softly and he is so close to tears at the sight of her like this that he almost confesses how much he loves her as she is being wheeled out of the sterile room.

Harry had cursed as he missed Tash's call earlier and it had gone to voicemail. He was checking out at the supermarket when she rang and he was expecting her meeting to go for at least another hour or two. 

His heart was racing at the clear distress in her voice and the fact she said she needed to speak to him about something.  Did she get a moment a lone and change her mind about him being at her place? Did she want some time and space again?

He stopped dead in his tracks when he called back just moments later and heard a strangers voice, telling him Tash had been in an accident and they were calling an ambulance. 

It's quite awkward running down the street with bags of groceries in your hands, Harry found out as he threw them into Tash's kitchen and hailed himself a cab with what little breath he had left.

His mind was racing with worst case scenarios and the thoughts of how bad her injuries could be.  Why didn't she answer? Was she unconscious or just too unnerved to speak? Was there blood? Is someone comforting her, reassuring her? Where was Zayn and did the meeting end so early because what she feared was true and she was fired or did he try something again?

The reprieve from seeing her awake and speaking was enough to settle most of Harry's ill thoughts and the only thing filling his mind now was making sure she was ok.

It's only about thirty minutes before Tash reenters the room after her scan, her eyelids a little heavier than when she left and the nurse mumbles something about a doctor seeing her when they have the results.

Tash closes her eyes and just as the nurse is about to leave Harry stops her with a gasp.

"Wait, um, is she allowed to sleep, you know with a concussion?" He swears he heard that you shouldn't do that somewhere before.

"Yes, it's fine, she isn't showing any symptoms of memory loss or disorientation so we are comfortable it will be safe to sleep," she says smirking at Tash who smiles back apologetically due to the fact she has already told her all of this.

"I know, I know, you can look after yourself, I just.." Harry begins but is cut off but Tash's sweet smile and her shuffling over in the bed before patting the spot next to her as an invitation for him to do what he is dying to do and hold her.

He gently climbs onto the bed and balances on his side as she shifts her weight in order to be able to relax into the warmth of his body.

She made the bed look so big, her tiny frame making it seem like there was ample amount of room in it for him and he almost laughs at how comical his long legs look trying to cram into the small space with her.

"I'm glad you're here Harry, was scared," she admits sleepily as the emotion finally gets to her, a single tear rolling down her cheek.

He kisses the top of her head gently as his arm snakes around her shoulders and he hushes her softly.

"m'here baby. For your good and your bad," he mumbles into her hair as she finally succumbs to sleep.