29.

By the time they finally get back to Tasha's apartment she is flustered, not having as much time as she would like to prepare for a meeting that may or may not be about firing her and she has no idea which way it's going to go. 

She's scrambling around on her floor for a black shirt she could have sworn was clean and here somewhere.  Harry is finding the little grunts pretty fucking cute as she sifts through piles of clean and dirty clothes that are scattered all over the room.

"You know if you actually put some of that shit away it would be easier to find when you need it."  He teases her about being so goddamn messy and watches her huff as she throws a handful of clothes back down.

"Imagine what you're mother would say," he continues with a grin which makes her stand up and brush the hair out of her eyes with the back of her hand.

Her hiss of a curse word and the frustrated tears that are surfacing, stop Harry's playful mocking and he realises instantly that she is actually genuinely stressed.

"Stop baby, c'mere, take a deep breath," he pulls her arm so she's standing between his legs as he sits on the edge of her bed. 

His large hands rub up and down the sides of her legs in comfort and she holds on to his shoulders for support.

"It's gonna be fine, you're talented and supremely organised, god knows how..." he trails off looking at the messy room and a laugh bursts through her lips making him smile. "And if that fuck wit is going to make this personal then you need to rise above it... or quit."  He states matter of factly and Tash shakes her head.

"I can't Harry, I need this account, it'll be fine, I'll be fine. He said his dad, who owns the company with him, is coming to the meeting today so there will at least be a buffer if things get weird again, either that or they are firing me and he's too much of a coward to do it himself," she is ranting to herself and Harry is debating following her to make sure she's ok but he remembers how she doesn't want him to 'save' her and decides against it.

"I'm sure that's not the case, you're gonna do great.  Here, wear this," he says picking up a black knit from the bed and she sighs before putting in on over her black jeans.

"Thank you," she mumbles as he wraps his arms around her and pulls her into him for a kiss.

"Welcome pretty. Um, before you see that sleaze again," he runs a hand nervously through his curls, "I want to talk to you about something. I know it hasn't been very long but given our past I just want you to know that I'm not seeing anyone else, and I don't want to, even if you aren't ready, I want you to know that I'm yours.  Happy for you to say, you know, you have a boyfriend or whatever if it'll help keep him away."

Tash momentarily panics before a smile takes over her face at his endearing and quite juvenile approach and she remembers that he hasn't had a girlfriend since her, seven years ago, "Thanks, might do that, you know... to keep him away," she teases and watches him bite his bottom lip to quell his smile.

He wants nothing more than to pull her into this bed and kiss every inch of her body, get lost in her touch and her warmth, make love to her until they physically need to get out of bed in order to rehydrate or eat. But he knows she has to get to this meeting and he is done doing anything that may hinder her in life in anyway.

Instead he stands up and cups her face gently in his hands, leaning down to kiss her hard on the lips before encouraging her with a "Go get 'em, Batman."

-

Tash is locking up her bicycle in front of the cafe Zayn told her to meet him at and she sighs in relief when she glances at her phone and is a couple of minutes early. 

Her mind is leaping from one train of thought to another.  From dreading this meeting, wondering if there are actual issue with her work, how Zayn will act and what his father is like to heart stopping thoughts of the weekend, Harry's lingering lips, their legs tangled together, the long conversations, his sweet implication of him wanting to be her boyfriend.

She decides to concentrate on the good rather than the bad as she walks in and is surprised to find Zayn and his father have not yet arrived. 

Taking in a cleansing breath she gathers her thoughts and prepares herself to be as professional and courteous as she can be.  This is just business, she reminds herself as she glimpses Zayn's figure walking in through the front doors from where she sits at their table.

Her skin crawls as he strolls towards her with an arrogant smirk.

Tash is so focussed on plastering a fake smile on her face that she hasn't realised the tall, barrel-chested man next to Zayn who has now come to an abrupt halt.

"Nat?" She hears the familiar voice question as Zayn looks back and forth in genuine  confusion.

It takes a moment for her to catch the breath that has been stolen from her lungs as the dark eyes she hasn't seen in so long stare back at her in mutual shock.

"Des?"

A/N:

Just gonna leave this here ;)

But um... Harry last night in a kilt.. mind. blown.

Love Ruby

xx