39.

Tash can feel his hot breath fanning across her skin as he sleeps beside her. She feels so warm and comfortable in his arms despite the fact they are both completely naked and she honestly never thought she'd feel this way again.

She turns over in this grip so that she is facing him, moving at a glacial pace so that she doesn't wake him up. She knows the long hours at the bar completely wreck him and she wants him to catch up on all the sleep he is missing by coming back and forth to her place so much.

If she is telling the truth, her heart seems to still skip every time she sees his face, even now as she observes his sleeping form, his arms wrapped around her,  short, sharp exhales from his nose indicating just how exhausted he really is.

He told her he loves her and despite her not saying it back he continues to tell her. She doesn't know how to feel about it. She's had the most horrible luck in the past, false promises, lies, cheaters, and although she has let him in, it's as though saying those words will cement her to him and that still terrifies her.

The fact she hasn't told him about seeing his dad yet weighs heavily on her mind as she watches his serene face. She had every intention to when she called him before the accident and since then she was just hoping Des would reach out as he told her he would, ask her for his number or go visit him at the bar.

She doesn't know what had happened between Harry and his family but she knows how much he used to love his dad and she can't fathom how it could be irreparable. Maybe with the right counselling or support they could at least have some sort of relationship?

She screws up her face as she tries to pull away from Harry's body without stirring him but instead he grumbles an inaudible 'no' and pulls her closer.

She exhales a light laugh as she kisses the crease that has formed between his brows and still closed eyes.

"Baby, I have to do some work or I won't be able to pay my rent," she whispers with a smile into the pout he is exaggerating before sealing her lips to his. "Keep sleeping, honey, I'll just be at my desk," she reassures him and he concedes to the sleep that he needs far too much.

Her computer powers up with a hum and the first thing she does is draft an email to SM Textiles.

Des,

I have given you the opportunity to contact Harry this week which I am disappointed hasn't occurred.

I want to finish the work I started with SM Textiles however I need to explain the situation to Harry first.

I really hope this can work out favourably for everyone involved.

Regards, Natasha

It takes her a good half an hour of reading and re-writing before she has the courage to send the email, believing it captures the right amount of professionalism for this incredibly personal subject.

She jumps at the high pitched noise indicating the arrival of a new email and she glances at a sleeping Harry before opening the response from his father.

Hi Nat,

I appreciate you facilitating the reunion of something as important as my son is to me.

Can you please send me his number I will call him as soon as I get a chance.

I would prefer if I contact him before you tell him anything.

I'd like to talk to him first... you know... man to man.

Thanks, Des.

Tash squeezes her eyes shut as she sends him Harry's phone number and debates what to do.

She understands this is something she knows nothing about and his father has asked her specifically not to say anything but it just feels so wrong to keep it from him.

She has only ever asked Harry for honesty, and as far as she is aware he has given her that in spades since they reunited and so that's what she is going to give him in return.

-

It's nearing midday when Harry sits up lazily in Tash's bed, the backs of his hands rubbing the sleep from his eyes and he glances around the room, his eyes searching for the only person he ever dreams of seeing.

He can see the back of her as she reaches to get a cup out of the overhead cupboards, not much of a stretch for most but she is on her tiptoes.

He can tell she has showered and changed, an oversized charcoal cardigan draped over her black ripped jeans and white t-shirt and he tries not to pout at the fact she is no longer half dressed and wanting to sleep the day away with him.

Pain shoots through her side as she leans forward to grab a teacup and Harry is jumping out of the bed so quickly he forgets he is completely naked.

"Are you ok?" He says a little too loudly as he looks down and pulls on his underwear.

"M'fine, honey sorry if I woke you. Tea?"

"Please," he nods as he hops on the spot while he yanks his super tight jeans over his hips. He looks around at his discarded shirt and decides instead to pull on a khaki green sweatshirt that is discarded on Tash's floor. He recognises it immediately.

"Can't believe you have this," he mocks as he pulls the fabric over his head, "you little thief, I thought I lost this when we were in school!"

His arms wrap around her waist as she stands at the kitchen counter and laughs into the air before kissing the sensitive skin where her neck meets her shoulder.

"Ha! My bad!" she jokes as she pours the boiling water from the kettle.

"Sneaky little lady, do you still wear this?" He questions, kind of shocked that it was on the floor but maybe she remembered she had it tucked away somewhere when they reconnected.

Tash shrugs nonchalantly, not really giving him any insight but he is more concerned with what seems to be occupying her thoughts.

She bites her lip and turns to face him, two cups of tea in her hand and she places them on her tiny table before gesturing for him to sit down.

"I need to talk to you about something," she says softly, watching the sweet expression drop from his face.

A/N:
Think I freaked everyone out yesterday when I said it's nearly over.
We have about 8-10 chapters left!
I LOVE writing Harry stories though so make sure you are following me to keep updated on the next one which shouldn't be too far away !!

See you tomorrow!
Love Ruby
X