chapter twelve

*Chapter twelve*
                         (Unedited)

I walked into the SURVEX building feeling satisfied. Honestly, I am really excited about being early to work today. I carefully stood in front of the elevator, waiting for my 'so called boss'.

He will definitely appreciate the fact i am early today , "I said, smiling to myself". I saw rose Rose glaring at me.
Probably confused about my sudden new attitude towards my work. But oh well! To hell with Rose she can do whatever she wants , it is none of my business.

Finally, rose approached me. No not again. Ella Mantris! What exactly are you doing here at this early hour ? I mean it is basically just us , because most workers haven't arrived yet, except for the security unit and those that are ensuring the company is clean!!! And definitely this is unlike you , you are never early to work. "Rose said ,with a confused face".

Well!..Let's just say , I've decided to be coming early for work. "I said laughing to myself, feeling excited about my reply". Even though there is really nothing fascinating about it".
Well I don't believe you Ella , I must get to the bottom of this issue, I would not stop here" Rose said". Bleh bleh , you can go ahead with that it doesn't really bother me yunno, but then I suggest you focus more on your work, instead of doing things that doesn't concern you. "I said giving her a not so friendly look".

Well! If you say so. "She said, walking away". I know Rose , she doesn't just back down on anything, not to talk of walking away from me. She must be definitely up to something but , I don't really care at all.

Really Ella? You don't care?..OK maybe I care, but just a little, I mean, what serious harm can she do . Someone tapped me on my back , making me jump , leaving me from my deep thoughts. I quickly turned around to see who it was. Oh! right! My boss....

Good morning sir!"I said". I quickly searched around for his brief case , to hold them for him, but I couldn't find it . All he was holding was a pen , book and a wrist watch. I just stood there, staring at him not knowing what else to do.

Well , Ella Mantris! I passed you, without you even realizing it, you totally had your back on me, what exactly were you thinking about so early in the morning? Rose already helped me Carry my brief case and she brought me these"he briefly showed me the items he was holding". Well, you can have them" he said ".

What is he up to? I can have​ them?... What on this freaking earth am I doing with a pen, book and a probably a wrist watch with this current situation?..Well Ella Mantris you can kindly take them away from my hands, instead of staring at them like you haven't seen anything like it in your life. "I quickly grabbed them away from his hands".
'Thank you."he muttered". Well I would like you to keep them really safe, because I want you to be time cautious. As for the paper and pen , I want you to write down my schedule, so that you would be informed when and where I would be. "I don't wanna keep you waiting here in vain when you aren't sure if I would come or not". Trust me this is for the best .'He said tapping my shoulders'.

Well, I totally understood what he meant. He sounded like he cared about me, like he didn't want me to wait for him aimlessly. Sir! As you wish! "I said, sounding like it's an order". And he twitched.

***********************************

   I waved at my best friend, and quickly ran towards her direction. Where are you off too? I asked her, noticing she has already packed her bags ready to leave the office. I wanted to go see Tony , he called and said I should come meet him as soon as possible. "She replied". Oh yeah! That reminds me, how is Tony doing? We should definitely hang out sometime.
He is doing just fine , and I am sure he would be glad to see you again. "She said, with her brightest smile". And she left the office.

There were still so many files on my desk I needed to work on , And I am already feeling so tired, I quickly checked the time it was already , four pm. Woah! I might consider spending the night at the office, everyone had left for home , maybe not everyone,Cos I could see few workers arranging their bags to leave for home... I quickly laid my head on the table, not sure what I was thinking and slept off.....

  After what I would like to call some minutes of sleep ,I felt a sudden spank against my forehead. Ouch! I cried. "What do you think you are doing?". "I yelled", Not sure who it was. I briefly cleared my eyes , and I saw him. Standing , oh no he wasn't standing, he was leaning against the wall towards my direction.

"You think this is a place to take your bed rest"?. "Peter asked". In his usual harsh tone. No! I was just... Enough!"he cut me off". You can go home now! Your sleepy face is quite disturbing."he said ,with a disgusted tone". "Here we go again!!". What exactly where you doing in my office? "I asked him" with annoyance written all over me! . To pick up a little note , I left inside the book, I offered you this morning. I mistakenly kept them there. So can I have it now?. "He asked". Yes ,you can . "I quickly replied". I checked my bag to see if I kept the book there. All these work has made me so careless and messy . I quickly checked my drawer but it wasn't there.

"By any chance, are you looking for it??" He asked , getting annoyed. Yes! No , I mean no! I kept in my bag all of a sudden, it's no longer there! I've been so busy I don't know where I must have dropped it. "I answered, not able to read his facial expression". He moved closer to me, I stepped back a little.

He came closer once more , I stepped back again, until I hit the wall . I was trapped?. He finally held my wrist, against the wall ,not sure what he was going do . He kept his eyes pinned to my face and said "Find it! And hand it over to me tomorrow".
He quickly dropped my wrist and turned his back on me , leaving my office. Why on earth was he so dramatic?? But oh well! His touch felt good...

  I quickly tidied my table and arranged my things neatly, ready to go home , I will probably continue work  tomorrow. Why does he have mean to me, And I can't stop thinking about what he said, about my face being disturbing, I brought out my phone to call Stella and tell her what just happened, but then I decide against it......

Hey! Lovelies...
It's been a while and I know!!!!!!
*I know you missed Peter and Ella 😁
*Please don't be mad at me, I was so occupied with a lot of school work:)
*But I might decide to do a double update ;)
*Endeavor to tell me what y'all have been up too 😅😅

*Don't forget to vote comment and share*

Thanks and Love y'all 💕