~DTL.27~

Aaliyah Colemon

"Jalen where are we going?" I asked Jalen as we drove in the car. I was still uneasy about being in a car but he told me it was important.

He laughed "Patience Aaliyah" he shook his head. I sighed and sat back waiting to get to the destination.

"Come on were here." I sat up in relief and got out the car. "Finally"

We walked to the front door of someone's house it looked like. "I'm confused" I said.

He shook his head and ran the doorbell. Finally the person opened the door. "Jalen Wassup man" he dapped him up.

"Hey man." We both walked into the house. "Aaliyah this is Jake. Jake Aaliyah"

I smiled "Hi" and shook his hand. "Nice to meet you" He said and I nodded my head.

"Is it ready?" Jalen asked. Jake nodded his head and we followed him. "Just in time brother"

He handed him a black box. I rose my eyebrow confused. Jalen opened the box and scanned over it.

He showed my the box and my mouth dropped

He showed my the box and my mouth dropped. "Jalen?" I questioned. He smiled "Imma propose."

"Oh my god Jalen" I said excitedly. "You think she'll like it?" Jalen asked.

I took the box out his hands "It's beautiful Jalen. She's gonna love it."

I put my hands over my mouth "Oh my god. Your really proposing to my Bestfriend."

He laughed "When?" I asked. "On her birthday this weekend"

"That's so cute."

Jalen closed the box and handed it back to Jake to package. "You can't tell her Aaliyah. You gotta promise."

"Promise. I won't say a word" I acted like I wasn't locking my mouth. "Alright." Jake came back with the box packaged up.

"Really appreciate it bro." Jalen said. "No problem" Jake responded and we both walked to the door to leave.

We got into the car "This is a big step Jalen. You sure you ready?" I asked.

He nodded his head and continued to look at the road "Yea. I'm ready" he took a deep breath.

I patted his shoulder "You did always say that you were going to marry her."