Numb

Chucking his bag on his bed Izuku sighs. How much longer do I have to deal with stupid people? It'll be better if they're all gone.

Yeah.... all gone.

Suddenly snapping out of his trance, he whispers to himself, " I need a distraction". With that, he grabbed his coat and left his dorm.

12 am

The urge to drink kicked in and he found himself at the entrance of a bar. It was the only one on his street even though it looks worn down and broken. He slowly opened the door and crept his way in. Sitting down, he orders a glass of scotch. The light was dim and classical piano played in the background, even though there was no piano.  (The bar looks like the pic up there but more worn out)

Completely oblivious to the creepy aura of the bar, too focused on his first sip of the scotch, Izuku fails again to notice that many eyes were on him. Glass clinking from the ice, he looks up to the bartender speaking to him.

"Do you come here often?"

"No, this is actually my first time at a bar."

"Well, a pleasure to meet you... we hope to see you more often."

Short conversation was often started. With each conversation, Izuku found himself more trusting towards the misty figure standing before him. At one point some other costumers came in. They consisted of a blue-haired guy, a black haired man with stitches and a blonde haired girl wearing school clothes. Those three looked shocked to see him, not understanding the situation, Midoriya looked back to his drink. Hesitantly, the blonde girl walks up to him and sits in the seat next to him. The rest of the party followed.

At the end of the night, Izuku and the others struck up many conversations, they gave each other their names and talked about many things. Soon, he has found to trust all of them. For the first time in a bit, he laughed. The 3 villains were shocked.

"Did the drugs not work?!?" Tomura whispered

"No, I saw him take it..." Toga replied

"Then..."

Izuku's feeling we're genuine. He was happy. The villains couldn't help but to smile as well, it was the first time a hero had acknowledged them. Instead of the first impression they had of him, of using him for their own selfish deeds, the villains saw him as family.

It was late, already 5 am - how long had they been talking? As Izuku began to stand up from his seat he felt a sense of deja vu as Toga walked past again

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

It was late, already 5 am - how long had they been talking? As Izuku began to stand up from his seat he felt a sense of deja vu as Toga walked past again. Has he met her before anywhere else? Shaking his head and mumbling to himself, he says goodbye to the group as he leaves to return back to his dorm in UA.

Just as Midoriya was just about to past the UA gate and into the building, he heard someone call out his name. "Ah, Midoriya my boy!!"

IZUKU POV

Ahh.... it's All Might. What is he doing out here? This is annoying, I can't let him know that I was drinking; late at night too. "Ahhh, hi All Might..." I said with a bland voice and an uninterested face. This was my normal face now, I realised. Suddenly feeling a wave of nostalgia hit me when seeing All Might's face up close, I frowned. Why was I so happy back then? Toga and Tomura told me that they didn't like All Might. They said he was always doing his job for the fame and wealth. They told me that everyone around here was a fake hero. I think that All Might was my hero back then... why did I like him again? I used to be inspired to be like him, now all I see in him is an empty, hard shell. There is nothing valuable inside him. I can't even remember the times I spent with him. Whenever I try to think about my past, all that come up is fuzzy pictures of unconnected images. Looking back to All Might waiting for him to say something, Izuku frowns again.

3rd PERSON POV

Immediately, All Might realised that something was wrong with his young pupil. And what was he doing out so late at night anyway? Deciding to ignore that for now, he speaks, "Young Midoriya! How's your notebook collection about the heroes going? And what are you doing here so late?"

Instead of an answer, Izuku just stared at him blankly. Finally realising what All Might meant about the notebook that he hasn't touched in ages, he replies, "Oh yes, it's going great and I'm here this early because I wanted to train before class starts." Midoriya gave All Might the best smile he can manage. He felt bad doing this as his newly made friends dislikes the man who stands before him now. To Izuku, it was almost like a sign of betrayal.

Seeing the awkward and empty smile made All Might shocked and worried. Wanting to find out more about what happened to his successor, All Might invites Midoriya to train with him. Now, Izuku, being out all night drinking has made him drowsy and tried with a mild headache. Training now without any sleep was like torture. "Ah... that's alright, I was just about to go back inside anyway. Got a big test coming up..." Giving All might one last look, Izuku turns away from his suddenly intimidating figure. Instead of seeing All Might as his teacher, his hero - he sees him now as his enemy, a rival. Someone who is going to cause lots of trouble later on.

This cold conversation between him and Midoriya has left All Might wondering to himself, 'It's almost as if he's trying to avoid me... What's wrong Midoriya my boy?'

On the way back to his dorms, Izuku's body suddenly felt numb all over. Mind going blank without any emotion except for the wrath for All Might left. Why? His vision started to get fuzzy, multiple black dots started appearing everywhere, slowly blinding him. Only one thought was on his mind at that time.

The drugs...

I overdosed...

~END~

So here's the second chapter... Thanks to all of you who are reading and I'll at least update once a week but right now I don't have much on so it's practically like once a day or every 2 days. (I write all my stories at 12 am)

Byeee~