m i s s i o n 1

The mission was to find these partners who have been selling weaponry and a type of quirk sterilising drug in the black market. The heroes acted on a tip provided by some scared citizen.

We tracked the partners down and slaughtered the man like an animal. He didn't even get time to react. But the woman's death was slow. The heroes needed information, where this market is — how do they have access to that type of drug. We didn't get time to ransack the house. After her lover got shot, the villain woman used her quirk to burn the house down. Fire manipulation, interesting. But it was weak, that's why she couldn't defeat us. The drugs and weaponry were ash by the time the heroes reacted. The flames fed on the weaponry and exploded, leaving the house in its husk.

She stared at the burning house, the fire flickering in her eyes. She was crying hysterically as she watched her lover and home burn down, that even some of the lower heroes bristled. But All Might didn't.
'I hate you."
She whispered in my ear, jaws clenched through the tears. Those were her last words before the staccato beat of gunfire echoed through the dumps, and the woman's body fell lifeless to the floor. Somehow, the tears were still falling. I still didn't know her name. And I wondered, if she had reunited with her lover, or if they were just yet another lost victim in the heroes reign. The thought was a bit sad, lovers waiting forever to be reunited — and knowing that they won't. Because there was no heaven, no hell either. For a matter of fact, the real demons thrive amongst humanity; and the real angels, are dead.

When we turned to leave, I caught movement from the corner of my eye. A dog. Possibly previously owned by the man and the woman. It's leg was broken and bleeding badly and there was an old tennis ball resting by its feet. I wondered why it wasn't barking. No more deaths today I reminded myself. I kept on walking.

I came back to that same burnt husk of a house a week later, for whatever reason my scattered brain was making. Miraculously, it's front still remained, along with the porch and garden - if not a bit burned up. And sitting on the steps was that same dog. One of its ears were gone, the leg limp and bleeding. I wondered why it stayed. It looked like it was waiting for something, someone. It's dying, I thought. The tennis ball sat unused by its side. Then I saw some neighbours try to take the dog, possibly to get it to a veteran. It wouldn't budge.

It knows, I thought. It knows that its only waiting for a ghost, that it's owner is gone. Yet it's still there. Waiting for them to come home.

I felt something inside me break a little bit.

So I walked up to the dog and held out my hand. It sniffed it a little and barked. It's a girl. Pink collar and everything. I stood up and looked to see if she'd follow. She did.

And we walked home.