Nostalgia

It was the end of the week, his classmates have noticed that something was wrong with their fellow friend. Izuku has lost interest in the things he once loved, he has become emotionless - but one thing never changed - Izuku was obsessed with the thought of saving the world. Maybe it was just to make the world a better place, but he wasn't doing this from a heroes point of view; he was doing it from a villain's - Stains. He was addicted to the thought. It was almost like a drug.

But,

The obsession slowly becomes addiction,

addiction to craziness,

and craziness to insanity.

The drugs have been slowly getting worse, filling Izuku's mind with nothing but the addiction to saving the world. It's making him a psychopath. He has met with his villain friends many times the past week, though he has no idea that they were villains - not that it mattered to him. They had gradually filled Izuku's mind with a sense of justice that turns against the heroes. Midoriya has seen his shadows in the villain's stories, seen his past - his future.

Day after day, his mind has been robbed and filled with new emotions; a new beginning almost. Now, some of his classmates have decided that talking to Izuku wouldn't change anything. So they decided to consult the adults, or rather, the heroes. Discussion after discussion, they had made everyone associating with Izuku aware of his current state. They were forming a plan.

Now, our Midoriya isn't that stupid - he observes. It's the best thing he does after all... He has come to realise the changes in his classmates, how they are careful not to anger him in their conversations. They had become to try to get information out of him with carefully planned questions. But, what was the most strange was that Izuku enjoyed it. He enjoyed the attention. Maybe it was because of the childhood he never got: The constant bullying, harassment. He was outcasted among the few that would accept him. He even started to find fault in his mother, the women who undoubtedly cared for him over all these years. But she failed. She failed to make him a hero. After the final doctors visit that Izuku would have, the memory still leaves a burning mark etched into his brain. The flow of tears was more than enough to drown out his child mind for screaming out. Why did you keep on saying 'sorry'? Why did you tell me that? What I wanted you to say... was it that hard?

Was it...

Impossible?

He starts to question himself. His childhood, was it all a lie? Having even his best friend turn on him, he was just garbage. 'Yeah... garbage. A guy like me.. won't be any use to society. Not the heroes. Not with this 'borrowed' quirk.' A sudden wave of nostalgia washes through his body, his entire being. 'Huh? What's this?' Memories play in front of him, almost like a rusted, old movie - left alone to gather dust, waiting for the one day it will be picked up again. His tragic past, but also something else. It holds a glimmer of light even in the envelope of darkness his past brings. Faces start to flash, desperately trying to be noticed. Blurry, but clear. The pictures start to form, Midoriya's mind being broken and healed through the little fragments of his memories that still remain. His future.... It had such a nice ring to it. Almost like a new form of nostalgia. And there it was, the faces of the people he has started to grow so close to, the people whom he's come to trust and even rely on. He didn't know if it was purely just the joy of being with his new friends; his new family. Or maybe it was just the pure pleasure of having someone stand by your side, someone who has been through the same tragedy as you. It was comforting; warm. For the first time in a long while,

Izuku felt alive.

~END~