Breathless

THIS IS GOING TO BE AN EXTRA LONG CHAPTER---

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back in the place he knew best. The place that offered Midoriya a new beginning. But instead of the laughter mixed with the stench of booze that used to always fill the air, there was silence. It was dreadful, hanging. No one dared to break the silence.

MIDORIYA POV

My family, the people who I thought I knew best was all a lie. They lied to me. The waves of mistrust keeps hitting me again and again in thrusts of uncertainty. Worry. Anxiety. Fear. Disappointment. Why would they lie to me? Liars. Liars. Just like the heroes, huh? No. I knew that when they first appeared through the portal. Yet I still protected them. Protected her. Why was this so hard? I already knew the answer yet I keep fighting the urge to embrace them. The waves suddenly turned into tsunamis. It was drowning me, leaving me breathless. Suddenly the tsunami came alive. It's gnawing at my flesh, tearing me apart. It hurts. It hurts. It hurts. It hurts. It hurts. Help me. Help me. Help me. Help me. Help me.

Then crashing down, I'm on the floor. Clutching my chest as the tears threatened to spill. My breathing got ragged, coming in and out at different speeds. Trying to search for any sign of air. Toga instinctively rushes towards me but I push her away. Seeing her concerned face finally makes me crack.

"Why? Why did you all lie to me? Why did you do it?"

The words came out chocked. Salty water lace my tongue then gradually make their way to the cold wooden floor. It was hard enough to maintain my sanity, and the pain just increases when I speak. Every word I spit chips away at my throat, slowly getting more and more hoarse. The next time I speak when I was greeted with no answers my voice comes out broken. Cracked.

"Did you think I would be like them? The heroes?"

"What did you think? Did you think that filling me with lies could keep me safe? Did you think that it would prevent me with the knowledge of who you are?"

3RD PERSON

Even though those words were directed at no one, the everyone in the room took it as to them. Every inch of their beings were now engulfed with guilt. Sorrow, of doing what they did. Sadness, of seeing their beloved family like that. The pain hurt like hell, maybe even more than what Izuku was feeling right now. Nobody dared to steal a glance at what their friend looked like on the floor. Shaking on the ground, hands clutched together, tears highlighting every part of his skin. Eyes red with disappointment. They knew it as soon as they saw him. It wasn't the venomous words that seemed to pour out of Izuku's mouth. That was just a cover up for what he was really experiencing inside. Huge waves of disappointment, tsunamis'.

Suddenly, the silence shatters.

"I'm so sorry.... We all are." Her throat was too full of tears to make any more noise. The words came out in gags. Occasional pauses. But they were sincere.

"Shut up"

Midoriya spat out these words like they were the last things he would ever say. The group was obviously shocked at this, seemingly as they stepped back with wide eyes. Midoriya just realised what he said in his emptiness. Suddenly he seems to be full of different emotions once again. It all came in a rush, like facing with a great wind storm. It hurts so bad; so damn bad in feeling the melancholy radiating off his family. He hated seeing them like this.

"I'm sorry. I-I can't. I can't. I can't do this right now."

Just as Midoriya was rushing towards the exit, his arm was pulled to a stop.