Zero

I don't have nightmares anymore. To be more precise, I don't dream anymore. I was thrown into a dark storage sized room, with no light except for the tiny candle abandoned in the corner. I had always thought that if I was alone, I wouldn't cause trouble for anyone. But I started to realise that I hate the feeling of loneliness.

I didn't know how much time passed - if it were minutes or weeks. I didn't care. No one came into my rooms after my outburst. The only form of human interaction I had was someone sliding my meals to me from under the door. The isolation is driving me insane. If my mind hadn't killed me already.

Sleep was just about to cloud my mind when a faint rustling was heard from behind the door. I sat up.

Kacchan.

He looked hurried, and from the decreasing light outside, I knew it was getting dark. The door closed. He was alone.

"Came here to brag? To tell me that I lost and you won? How typical."
He only stared at me with that faraway look I saw before.
"I can save you"
My head shot up at those words. Why lie to me again? What was he trying to prove, to learn?
When I didn't reply, he took it as invitation to continue.
"I-I was chosen to take your spot as successor after you left. But I didn't get his quirk. Though the word about me being All Mights successor soon spread. Someone sold us out."
He looked at me then like I should know something. But we had no spies located in UA. As executive, I looked over every movement the League of Villains made. I didn't have the answer to his unspoken question, so I just shrugged.
He looked at my face then, calculating; suspecting. He continued. "I was invited to so many interviews about my new role in society. And so many interviews about you. Your disappearance really caused a riot you know? The hero society really took a blow at that."
So was this what he came here to talk about? I gave him an incredulous look and raised a brow. He was just wasting my time.
"Ah, sorry sorry. I'll get to the point. Along with the interviews, I was also invited to meetings. About missions and heroes. About what we should do with the villains. What we should do with you."
I waited for his next line.
He hesitated, and wouldn't look me in the eyes as he said the next words.
"They are going to kill you, Deku."
I always knew that this was going to happen, but I always shoved the thought into the little hidden place at the back of my mind before I could finish the thought. But no matter how much I would've prepared for it, I could've never not felt the blow. My head was spinning, and blood rushed to my ears.
No.
No.
No.
I was meant to live. I was meant to have a whole life in front of me. I was going to somewhere far away, where the word hero never tainted anyone's lips. I was going to make something new.
But now... now-
A rush of air went into my lungs as I reached to grab Kacchan's shoulders.
"You said you could save me. How."
"HOW."
He flinched but replied,
"I have a plan but you'll need to cooperate. Remember Shinso?"
I gave a brief nod.
"I can convince All Might to bring him in here. As far as anyone knows, the villains might have had someone brain wash you. "
I gave a choked laugh at that.
"Brain washed? How lowly do you think of us? And what a naive way of thinking."
I made sure I emphasised the word us. Strong enough that it would hurt.
But Kacchan didn't show any emotion even if he understood what I was trying to input. Even if he was a hero, I admired him for that.
"Well, yes. That's how the heroes think; and I may have had some influence in the thinking."
He smirked at me then, and for once I didn't feel so alone.
I grinned back at him, wide and full of an emotion I can't place.
"So, the successor has turned against his master and ran to me. And now we have at lease 2 people infiltrating in UA. It seems like the heroes dug themselves an early grave."
"It seems so."
At that, we both burst into laughter. We laughed ourselves hoarse until our stomachs hurt. Warmth seeped through me and I knew it did for him too. In that moment, we both thought the same thing. We were back to our younger selves. Naive and unaware of the world around us. We had each other, and so we were forever safe. In all of eternity, and a little bit after that.

When the tears of joy stopped falling, and only the sounds of our breathing filled the air, I spoke.
"I missed you."
He turned his head towards me and gave me the most beautiful and genuine smile I had ever seen.
"Every second."
In that moment, I realised, I might not want to leave everything behind. There's people who need me here, right where I am.

A silent thought shot through me when I stared back at the male in front of me.
"Family," I breathed, breathless and a bit bewildered.
"You are now part of our family. Welcome."
In those mere seconds, I wondered how someone could look so beautiful even with tears streaming down his cheeks. In the dark room, he let everything spill. Maybe it was the dark, maybe it was the warmth radiating from the both of us- or maybe it was the need to tell someone how broken he was; but that night, Bakugo let everything that he's been holding inside spill. He told me about why he was helping the villains, and what he had heard. He told me about the villains who had been kidnapped and tortured just to find information about us. He told me about all the scars that now laced his arms and back, from when All Might pushed him too hard. And more importantly, he told me of how much time we'd lost, and how much time we could still have. I let the tears fall at that.

When the world finally quieted, we knew this peace that we just shared could not be kept forever.

"So, what's the plan?"

"We lie."

~END~

Hey guys!! So I know a bunch of u were shipping kacchan and deku so this chapter was born. Now there's 3 ships to ship over! I still haven't figured out who our beloved Izuku is going to end up with so it really depends on what you guys want most. And now, with Kacchan on the villain's side and Izuku finally accepting himself - the heroes sure got themselves in a terrible position. Ciao!