sparks fly. | hazelle, yuto

hazelle steps foot into the skating rink, her group mates cheering her on.

the girl was guesting in the four continents championships gala in gangeung, korea. since hazelle is the leader of the most popular girl group in the country at the moment, the organizers thought it would be a good idea to bring the so-called 'american ice lily' back on the ice, despite retiring a year after she entered the juniors.

hazelle saw some familiar faces - yui, natalya, yurik, himawari, yuki, most of her friends in the skating industry, basically.

"alright, let's get paired up!" the choreographer for the opening routine calls out. hazelle nods, noticing one of the company staffs taking videos for an episode on their youtube channel. hazelle gave a quick wave before skating towards the center where everyone was.

everyone was getting paired up, but all of her male friends were already getting paired with girls, some she doesn't know.

"ah yes! ms. hazelle, please pair up with hanyu yuto. yuto, raise your hand please." says the choreographer.

hazelle nods, the last name sounding familiar. then it clicked - that's wyatt's middle name.

"okay." hazelle nods, turning around to find who this yuto kid was. she sees wyatt pushing some guy playfully.

"haze, this is the man." wyatt smiles sheepishly before turning to yui, his partner for the routine. "yuto, that's hazelle. you don't have to wait for their concert anymore, man." wyatt turns back to yuto.

yuto, as wyatt introduced, seems to be around her age, younger than wyatt. he has a shy demeanor, and based on what her friend had said, he must be a fan of their group.

hazelle smiles. "i'm—"

"ji hazelle, leader of musicality, main vocalist and main dancer." yuto nods, taking hazelle aback. "yeah, i know, i'm a muse, so..."

"oh, really?" hazelle laughs. "the others are there." she says, pointing to the seats where her group mates are.

"we better get to practice." yuto clears his throat, putting his right hand out. "shall we?"

hazelle nods, taking his hand. "let's go."

"that guy you're with, you look cute together." hayoung, the youngest member, smirks, as the group of five sat in their van.

"what?" hazelle chokes on her water. "i barely even know him!"

"stop lying," hikari snickers. "i used to be his classmate, and he's been whipped for you since you were like, fourteen."

"oooooh! soulmates!" haeseo hollered.

"our leader us in looooove!" hyeseon laughs.

hazelle rolls her eyes at the younger girls. "ugh, stop!"

"she's blushing, she's blushing!!!" haeseo points out.

"girls, please don't tease your leader, show some respect." their manager calls out.

hazelle sighs in relief. "thank you!"