Chapter Five: Time to Escape

• Dedicated to Steve Parsons

        I hung my head in defeat, they really had destroyed who I once was. I was worn and tired from my so called final test. All I wanted to do then was die and save the world from ever knowing that I had lived. Since Lex Luther himself had talked to me, I was losing the battle of fighting back. I had lied. I know you feel as though they have won, but we both know they haven’t said an unknown voice in my head causing my head to jerk up.

        WHO’S THERE! I called.

        My name is Dubbilex and I am a genomorph. He replied.

         What do you want? I have nothing to give you. I said as I hung my head once more.

         I wanted to help you break free from Cadmus and stop them from using you to destroy the Justice League. He said calmly.

         How can you help?

 ************************************************************************************************************

        That had been two days ago and now I was free from the pod. I paced my room, waiting for the signal to come. I had left Superboy with a message to save Robin, Kid flash and Aqualad but would he? They are here and have been captured. Soon I will wake them and Superboy will help them. Now it is your turn. Dubbilex said. I am ready to fight and I ran through the wall. My feet slammed on the ground as I ran, but no sound was heard. I moved by five scientist and they didn’t even see me. It was time for me to take the notes and information about me. To keep them from ever making someone else like me. I took a USB port and downloaded all the information on me then quickly deleted every trace of me. I whipped the security cameras and left.

        I watched in the shadows as Superboy helped them break out of Cadmus. I leave you in the hands of your new friends Superboy. Never stop fighting for what is right. He stumbled and glance around searching for me. I allowed him to see me but pressed my finger to my lips and smiled. It is time for you to be free Superboy. Don’t stop for me and don’t worry. I slipped through the wall and I hoped that would be the only time that he saw me. Everything was going to plan and, of course, that is when everything fell apart.

        Scientist Mark Desmond is what caused everything to crumble. He was the head scientist and I knew him well. Unlike James, he acted as though I was nothing but a simple lab rat. His hands were the cause of most of my scars and for the most painful. He was also a creature of unit thirteen; the Blockbuster project. Oh no, the Blockbuster formula makes him to strong! Superboy charged toward Mark after he had completely transformed into an enormous beast. Mark easily swatted him away and lunged toward Aqualad, Kid flash and Robin. Before I could even blink, I was there standing in-between them. He slammed into me and he fell back. I stood there unmoving and stronger than ever. “Who are you?” asked Kid Flash and I easily ignored him. The monster stood up and swung his fist toward my face and he hit nothing but air. I had moved under his defense and my fist connected with his face sending him through the ceiling. I spun around and fled back into the shadows.

 ********************************************************************************************************************

                                                                   (Superboy's P.O.V)

        I had finally got to see what Carol looked like. She had short black hair that had one strip of red. It framed her pale heart-shaped face and brought out her bright blue eyes. She wore a white solar suit like mine but plain white. When the Blockbuster monster tried to attack the others she just stop him by standing there. The monster tried to hit her, but her fist slammed into his face and sent him through the roof. Then she just turned around and despaired. “Did you see that?” Robin asked Kid Flash.