Chapter Twenty: Weakness

(Angel's P.O.V)

I watched as James came out of the rubble of the building that had once been standing. His face was torn between anger and pain as he stumbled to is feet. "I thought you cared about me sis," he sneered. I glared at him and attempted to kick his face. The thing was; I did care about him, but he hadn't given me much of a choice. "Sorry, did I hit a nerve," he laughed as he dodged and tried to catch me.

"Shut up dimwit," I said and slammed my foot against his face. He smashed against the ground. He barely got up and then crumbled back to his knees. "You might have been stronger than me when we were four," I said as I strolled over to him, "But we both know now who is stronger." I shoved him to the ground with my foot, hating every second of it. He attempted to throw me off, but I sent an electric shock down into forcing him to be still. "James I will only warn you once," I whispered to him, "Stay away from the team and the Justice League, or I will not hold back next time." I turned sharply and jumped into the sky.

(Bruce's P.O.V)

I sighed and sat down glancing at my phone. Two days ago I had called Lizzy asking her to go out to lunch with me and today was the day. I had about two hours to get ready, and I was going to need every minute of it. I grimaced and eased out of Batman uniform, trying not to open my wounds. "Dumb Penguin," I muttered as threw my now tattered uniform onto the chair. I stumbled over to the shower, turned it on but hissed when boiling hot water poured out. I quickly changed the temperature and sighed letting the water run over me.

"Alfred," I called after I had gotten out and dried off, "Can you get me some bandages?" After Alfred had answered yes, I started looking through my closet. "What in the world am I going to wear," I muttered.

(Angel's P.OV)

I stumbled into my room, shutting the door behind me before crumbling onto the plush carpet. It had been hard to hide that I was hurt from the team and especially from Batman. I glanced up at my silver framed mirror, not a single mark was visible, not until I let my guard down. My lips were swollen, I had broken ribs, my ankle was fractured and I was practically black and blue from head to toe. I had found my weakness; me. I guess Cadmus never thought of making me invincible to myself. My twin brother and I were almost genetically identical and because of that, he was able to hurt me.

I sighed before I healed my ankle and stumbled to my bed. I leaned against it as changed into my nightgown then crumbled onto my bed. I fell asleep before my body even hit the bed. Part of me wished I hadn't, for the nightmares that followed were filled with pain and fear. Though it wasn't mine.

(Robin's P.O.V)

I grabbed a handful of ice and wrapped it in a towel before placing it on my aching head. I leaned back and watched as Krystal made her way to her bedroom. Something was off; she wasn't as happy, as radiant and she walked as though she was trying to hide a limp. Did she somehow get hurt? No, that not possible, at least not according to Cadmus's files on her. I shook my head, I must be imagining things. I glanced down at my watch, it was 9:00 PM. Great, I still had two hours of homework to do. Course I could just at Krystal for help, saying that she did have like twenty college degrees.

I went over to her door and knocked. After two minutes of her not answering, I opened the door. I found her passed out barely on her bed. I smiled and went over to tuck her in when I noticed the bruises on her arms and legs. My eyes widened and I stumbled backward. "Crap," I muttered as I pulled out my phone and dialed Bruce. "Bruce," I said, "You need to came home. Something happened to Krystal." Before Bruce could reply, Krystal cried out. I hung up the phone and pulled her into my arms, trying to calm her down. "Shh, Krystal," I murmured, "Shh."

------------------------------------------------------A/N---------------------------------------------------------

Hey there its me Angel, and I wanted to recomend another awesome Young Justice FanFiction! This time is The Light in My Shadow by Rouge_wolf99.

Also if you want to kik me my username is angelofadarksoul3340. The same as my wattpad. Comment, vote, pm!