Chapter Twenty-Seven: Disappear

(Robin's P.O.V)

     I sighed as we sat in the ship to go to another mission. Today was supposed to be special, especially since it was Angel's Birthday. Course the whole team got her presents but Angel decided to give us gifts as well. I guess she doesn't understand birthdays. 

      Superboy had given her a silver choker with blues stone beads, and she gave him black leather gloves which he put on. Kid Flash had found a glass doll that looked exactly like her and Angel had built a special computer that could become 3D or have holograms. It was pretty cool. Ms. Martian gave her some black pear-shaped earing and Angel gave her a cookbook made with the best recipes she could find. Artemis decided to give Angel  some unique arrows that were meant to shatter upon impact. While Angel gave her a new bow that she had crafted with some pieces of an old computer and had made it so that it could shoot holographic arrows to trick people. 

         Aqualad had made her a special bracelet made to look like it was made from drops of the ocean. Angel in turn stretched her hand, and suddenly Aqualad was able to control water more, shocking the whole team. Flame gave Angel a gold locket with her name on it, and Angel gave Flame a small book filled with pictures she had drawn. Then Batman smiled (scaring Kid Flash) and gave Angel a silver plated utility belt causing Angel to smile as she eagerly put it on. Angel then gave Batman a feather shaped pocket watch causing Batman to laugh (making most of the team freeze. Jeez people he is an actual human being). 

          I was last to give her something, and I gave her a white gold ring with a ruby stone and diamonds on either side. Kid Flash made a joke about me proposing, and most of the girls tried to hit him making him have to run out of the room. I just laughed and watched as Angel pulled out a long black box and handed it to me. I opened it slowly to see she had take one of her newly made feathers (that were like a baterang, but in the shape of a feather) and put it on an almost invisible chain. On it, she had engraved "Let not gravity hold you back from flying." I smiled at her and put it on then tucked it under my uniform. 

        I sighed and waited for us to arrive at our destination when all of a sudden something hit the ship. It rocked the ship and Ms. M yelp in pain. "What was that," Kid Flash asked, and I turned to see Angel's face had gone pale.

        "That was James," she whispered and I automatically started calling Batman. "Watch-" Angel yelled but the ship was struck again, and we started spinning toward the ground.

(Bruce's P.O.V)

         After I had sent the team off to another mission, I sat down and looked at the gift Angel had given me. It was her birthday, yet she insisted on giving gifts back to us. It felt like it was a goodbye party, but I shook my head. Nothing was going to take Angel away but then Robin called.

         "Batman come in," he shouted in my ear piece causing me to leap to my feet.

          "Batman here," I replied calmly then heard a scream from the other end. "What going on," I demanded racing toward the Batplane.

          "Its James," Robin said causing my blood to go cold. "He's attacking the ship and-" he was cut off, and all I heard was static. 

          "Robin," I yelled, "Robin you there?" He didn't reply, and I messaged the HQ. "This is Batman," I yelled, "The team is under attack by James. I'm going to need back up." I started the engine of the Batplane and took off. Soon Green Arrow, Superman, Black Canary, Flash and Captian Marvel were in pursuit as well. I was gripping the steering wheel so hard I could hear it groan under the pressure. "No," I muttered to myself, "There's no way she'll die."  Soon we came upon the ship and saw it had smashed against the ground. It looked horrible, and I could only think that everyone had died, but we found no one there.  

           "Where are they," asked Flash and we all were silent. James had them, and part of me felt he knew Angel's weakness. Would any of them come back?