Chapter Seventeen: Beginning of a Family

(Angel’s P.O.V)

After Richard and Bruce left, I was left sitting alone in my bedroom, and I was bored. I thought about sneaking outside, but I didn’t want to break Bruce’s trust. I sighed and rolled over. Then after fifteen minutes more of complete boredom I decided to go down into the Batcave. Maybe I could actually do something there.

                I smiled as I entered the mysterious Batcave, which was a lot like Bruce. Both of them held their own secrets and just when you thought you knew them you found more secrets. Each shadow caught riddles and each room held a hidden meaning. It was fun to explore, but after a while I got bored again. I ached to be outside and not be trapped indoors.  I logged on to the computer and flipped through some of his files. There were several files holding information on me, and I smiled when I saw them. I glanced around the Batcave and wondered what it would feel like to have my own personal cave.

                So a few minutes later I found myself researching the best places to put a secret cave. Of course, it didn’t need to be a cave; it could also be a building or an underground room. After some quick web browsing and looking at Gotham’s geography I found the perfect place. It was near Wayne Park and was hidden by a forest and some hills. I smiled and wrote down where it was and hid the slip of paper in my pocket.

    “Angel,” Alfred called from upstairs and I sighed. “Angel where are you,” he called again, so I started back up to the manor. As I stepped out from behind the old grandfathers’ clock, he saw me and strode over to me. “Oh, there you are Angel,” he said in his thick accent, “I was looking for you. Master Bruce called; he wishes to speak with you.”  I nodded then went over to the phone a picked it up.

“Hi,” I said bouncing on the balls of my feet. I heard him laugh on the other end. “What’s up,” I asked. He chuckled again before answering.

 “Angel,” he asked gently, “I was wondering if you would like to become my daughter?” My eyes widened and I froze mid-breath. Would this mean that I would belong to a family, but this time I would be loved? I nodded before remembering I was on the phone causing Alfred to chuckle.

    “Yes,” I practically yelled, “yes, yes, yes!” He laughed and then said he had to go, someone else was trying to call him. After he hung up I ran over to Alfred and hugged him, surprising him. He laughed and hugged me back before I danced away to my bedroom.

(Bruce’s P.O.V)

                I woke up with a groan when Alfred opened the curtains letting in the sun. “Alfred, five more minutes,” I moaned causing him to chuckle. I closed my eyes and buried my head in my pillow. I had barely gotten an hour of sleep thanks to Catwoman. She thought it would be fun to trap me in a room for most of the night with five tigers while taunting me from above.

    “Master Bruce, today you have a meeting with your lawyer,” Alfred said trying to get me out of bed. “Didn’t it have something to do with adopting someone,” he asked amused when I bolted up and rushed to get ready. Crap, I forgot that was today. I took a quick shower, shaved, then put on one of my best suits. I yanked on my socks and shoes before combing my hair back then glancing at the clock. Great, I had five minutes to leave or else I was going to be late.

    “Alfred, can you get a car ready for me,” I said while rushing out of the room. He nodded, and I swiftly went down the stairs to find Angel smiling up at me. I smiled back and grabbed my briefcase before kneeling in front of her. “Angel,” I said causing her to smile, “You will do what Alfred ask, and you will not cause trouble.” She nodded her head still smiling. I hugged her then started heading for the door. Once I open it, I turned around and said, “Oh and Angel.” She looked up and me still smiling. “Stay inside,” I told her, she nodded but I could see the disappointment in her eyes.

    Fifteen minutes later I finally got me destination and almost ran inside before remembering that I had a public image. I sighed, and then strode in. The young lady at the desk smiled at me and looked as though she was about to faint when I smiled at her. Please don’t faint, I thought as I walked up to her desk. “How-how can I help you,” she stammered while blushing. I flashed her another smile causing her bright green eyes to widen.

    “I was wondering if you could tell Mr. Clark that Bruce Wayne is here,” I asked her and she nodded smiling even more when she heard my name. I leaned against the desk, trying to act casual while she dialed Mr. Clark. Of course, that didn’t help her concentration, but I couldn’t act nervous. If anyone saw the now trilinear Bruce Wayne be nervous at his lawyer office than I wouldn’t hear the end of it. When she hung up the phone, I leaned closer to hear what she said.

    “Mr. Clark said he is ready for you know,” she stammered and I smiled at her. I glance at her more closely; she had a dark dress suit and some fake gold bracelets on her wrist. She was attractive in her own right, with her heart-shaped face, high cheek bones, bright green eyes and curled blond hair.

       “Thank you,” I told her. “By the way, what is your name?”

    Her eyes widened even more before she stammer, “Elizabeth, but my friends call me Lizzy.”

    “Well, Lizzy,” I said gently causing her to smile, “would you mind if I asked you for your number?” She looked as though she was about to scream before she collected herself and writing down her number on a notepad. I winked at her then strode over the elevator and got inside. I leaned against the wall and entered her number in my phone and a reminder to call her tomorrow for lunch. I didn’t want to get her hopes up by asking for her number, then crush her by never calling.  I sighed and waited for the elevator to reach the floor level I was heading to.

    A couple minutes later, after several people joined me (and most of them swooning girls) the elevator finally reached my floor. I slipped through the crowd and headed toward Mr. Clark’s office. I knocked firmly, and Mr. Clark ushered me inside. “Hello, Mr. Wayne,” he said as we both sat down, “What brings you to my office. Has someone decided to sue the Wayne Enterprise today?” I chuckled and leaned forward.

    “No Mr. Clark, no one has tried to sue me in the last hour,” I said as I opened up my briefcase. “What I came here for, is to start the ball rolling on an adoption.” I picked out the right manila folder and handed it to him. He opened it and scanned the contents before glancing up at me surprised.

    “When I heard adoption I thought you were going to adopted young Mr. Grayson,” his voice dazed, “May I ask, why this little girl?”

    I sighed and leaned back, trying to choose the right words. “Though I might want to have Richard as my son, he does not wish it,” I said quietly. “You see,” I explained, “When a child loses their parents like how Richard has and as well as I. They don’t want a new last name; it would separate them from their parents. He might even view me as a Father figure, but he is not about to turn his back on his true father.” He nodded, understanding. I sighed again and ran my hands through my hair. “I’m adopting this little girl to show her, there is such thing as a loving home,” I said and stood up. “Please call me when you need anything to help start,” I told him as I left swiftly. Once I was back in my car, I pulled out my phone and dialed home. I wonder what Angel would say to this. 

--------------------------------------------------A/N---------------------------------------

        I am so terribly sorry! I am absolotly horried. I should of update a long time ago. Don't worry I am so going to update quicker this time! 

        Also I wanted to tell you guy about my best friend's book that she is writing. It's called Faith? (question mark included) by KatelynTarras, the creator of Faith/ Flame. Her book is the story of Faith and how she lived before she meet Angel, and her point of view of things. So read it up.

P.S you guys should really comment, or PM me!