Chapter Seven: Carol Johnson

(Robin’s P.O.V)

        I ran the rest of the way to the Manor and dialed Bruce at the same time. “Dick, why are you calling,” Bruce said when he answered the phone.

         “I have information on the mystery girl from Cadmus” I practically shouted.

         “What do you mean you have information on the mystery girl,” his voice surprised.

         “She gave me a USB port and said that it had all the information that Cadmus ever had on her,” I said out of breath.

         He paused before saying, “meet me in the Batcave and bring it with you.” He hung up and I put away my phone. Why does she want the League to know about her but erased it all from Cadmus? I rushed inside nearly knocking over Alfred.

        “You seem to be in a rush,” he said.

        “Sorry, can’t talk got to get to the cave!” I shouted as I ran upstairs.

                I quickly slipped into my Robin uniform and rushed into the Batcave. There Bruce was sitting with his uniform expect for his cowl. “Give me the USB port,” he said as he held out his hand

        . “She had said something about wanting to let the League know about her,” I said as I handed him it to him. He made sure it didn’t have anything on that could infect the system or plant bugs.

        “It’s clean,” he said quietly. He plugged it into the computer and started looking through the files. Pictures of a young girl popped up first.

“Wait I know her, she was in the news recently,” I said.

         “And,” he asked.

        “Well, it had something to do with a new memorial,” I replied.

         “Look it up and tell me what you find,” he said as he started to go through the photos. I went on my computer and searched ‘new memorial in Gotham’ and I went through the list.

        “From what I can tell that girl died seven years ago with her parents. They never found her body but there was enough blood to suspect her death,” I said. I glanced over and saw Bruce scowling at the screen.

        “Why would she give us pictures of a dead girl? Unless…..” he said as he search through the files on the USB port. He clicked on a file called ‘Carol Johnson’ and skimmed through it. “Come here Dick and look at this. It seems as though Cadmus was watching her and made an operation to capture her,” he said roughly. “

        Is that the reason no one found her body? Is she alive but trapped in Cadmus,” I asked.

        “She was trapped but escaped, the same day Superboy did. She is our mystery girl,” his voice sounded worried.

        “What’s wrong,” I asked him.

         “Well, she was in Cadmus for seven years and from what I can tell she was a basic super genius before,” he told me as he went through the file, “but it seems they made her into a living weapon. A weapon to destroy the Justice League.” I froze and realized why she said that we wouldn’t trust her after looking at this. Another thing I realized is that she had no intentions of bringing down the Justice League.  Bruce got up and pulled on his cowl and started toward the transporter. “I have to show this to the rest of the League and we’ll see what we are going to do about Carol,” he said as his punched in his ID code.

        “Wait, I don’t think she has any intentions of hurting the League,” I told him.

        He turned and face me while saying, “I know she doesn’t have any intentions of harming the League. That’s why she escaped and protected you guys in Cadmus. She is fighting for us, whether she knows it or not.” With that, he turned and walked into the transporter.

                I went over and put in my ID code and went to Mt. Justice. There Kid Flash was sitting on the couch watching TV. “Hey Wally,” I called causing him to turn.

         “Hey Robin, what’s up?” he asked. I smiled faintly.

        “Guess what I know,” I taunted him.

        “How to make an awesome pizza cause I’m starved,” he asked.

        I laughed, “No, I know who our mystery girl is and why she was in Cadmus.” He choked on the popcorn he was eating and stood up.

         “What do you mean you know who our mystery girl is?” he asked excited.

        “I tell you and the rest of the team in a sec, but we have to get the whole team here,” I said making him frown.

        “Oh, come on Robin, can’t you tell me now?” he pouted. I shook my head laughing.

                Twenty minutes later the whole team (including Artemis and Ms. M) were waiting for me to tell them. “Okay Robin, what do you know about our mystery girl?” Aqualad asked.

         “Well, her name is Carol Johnson and she is originally from Arizona,” I said.

        “I could have told you that,” Superboy grumbled.

“Yes you could of but you refused to,” Kid Flash said.

        “I wasn’t about to betray her!” Superboy shouted.

         “Hey, hey guys calm down. Superboy was trusted with her secrets and he kept them, we shouldn’t get mad at him for that. Now continue Robin,” Aqualad.

         I took a breath, “She wasn’t made in Cadmus. You guys know the young girl that was killed seven years ago with her parents,” I asked.

        “I heard that on the news. They had said her parents bodies were found, but her body wasn’t,” Artemis said sadly, “there is a new memorial coming out. I should have recognized her name.” 

         I leaned forward, “well as you can guess, she lived and Cadmus made her into a living weapon. She was designed to destroy the Justice League but,” then Superboy cut me off.

        “She doesn’t want to take down the Justice League. That’s why she helped us escape from Cadmus and she erased everything off the computers. She wanted to make sure they couldn’t make someone else like her.” Everybody sat back in surprise.

(Angel’s P.O.V)

                After I had given Robin the USB port, I slipped away to the other side of Gotham and started looking for another place to sleep. Usually I would make myself into a cat and go in a tree to watch over the team but I was tired. It had been three weeks since I last slept and I wanted to sleep. I was walking down a dark street where most of the light posts had gone out when I saw an abandoned house. It was at least two stories tall, but it looked run down. There was an old wire fence around the house. I went through the fence and walked to the front door. I tried the handle but found it locked so I simply walked through it. Inside it looked as though I had been transported back in time, everything looked almost new. Though a thick layer of dust covered most of it. I realized someone else was in the house and I froze in place.