Chapter Twenty-Five: Despise the Darkness Within

(Bruce P.O.V) 

  Once I got home I went up to my bedroom and clasped onto my bed. I was worn out from having no sleep for three days. Crazy clown. I was on the edge of sleep when Alfred walked in. "Master Wayne, do please get out of your suit before you fall asleep," he said causing me to groan. I just rolled over and buried my head  into the pillow. "If you don't, I will have to force you to," he threatened. I turned around and glared at him.

   "I'm not a child anymore Alfred," I grumbled before turning back around.

     "Then stop acting like one, least Krystal think that it is alright," he said while somehow tossing me off the bed. I glared at him and was tempted to just sleep on the floor. "Come on Bruce that is a two-thousand-dollar suit," he said while pinching the bridge of his nose.

    "Then it's one of my cheap ones," I muttered while taking off my jacket. Once I got out of my suit I crumbled onto my bed and slipped under the covers. Alfred chuckled then left the room, finally allowing me to sleep. Darkness swept over me and it was peaceful until I was woken up the harsh sound of my cell phone ringing.

    "Hello," I mumbled, yawning.

          "This is Jeff Sevens, I teach English a Gotham high," the voice on the other end said and I yawned again. 

    "What do you need Mr. Sevens," I asked and got up from my bed. 

           "I'm calling about Krystal," he said causing me to freeze. "She came to school with extensive bruising," his voice tired.

     "Bruising," I mumbled, trying to act as though I didn't know.

             "Yes, bruising Mr. Wayne," he said making me glare. "Look all I know is that she came to school with bruising and claims her brother did it," he rushed. She told him about James.

      "She has a brother, but she hasn't been in contacted with him for a while," I muttered, trying to think of what Krystal was playing at.

               "I have to inform you that she has been in contacted with him," his voice holding less suspension, "She told me that she snuck out to see him and he lost it. Though Bruce, it looks like a train hit her." Well, nice going Krystal for that coverup.

      "That's one of the reasons she is not allowed to see him," I said, still tired, "They came from a messed up family and her brother became violent because of it."

               "Just make sure she doesn't sneak out again," he said before hanging up. I shook my head and glanced at the time; it was ten forty-five. I flinched at the time and a flash of a memory flickered across my mind. The same memory that haunted me every night. 

(Robin's P.O.V)

    I felt like I was watching some movie or was a character n a book as I watch Krystal. She was perfect; her eyes shone, her lips curved in a gentle smile you couldn't help but return, her laugh was like she was singing and it was addicting.  Then there was the fact that we were somehow a couple. An acrobat turned hacker compared to a super genius that had the heart of gold. The two periods that we weren't together I felt like a shadow had fallen upon me. I felt like I was about to lose her, like I lost my parents. The one thing I learned from my childhood is simple; life can be cut at any time and most of the time it was too soon. 

(Faith's P.O.V)

     I sat in mountain alone, trying to find something entertaining but all I could do was remember. Remember the first time I ran through that stupid door, the first time my father hit me, the last. The moment when I had enough and burned down the house.  Them moment when my father killed my mother.  Tears streamed down my face angering me. "Stupid emotions," I yelled and tried to wipe away the tears.  Of course, my life was nothing close to Angel's. Her best day I would consider my worst by comparison. "Stupid emotions," I muttered again before standing up and heading toward the kitchen.

(Artemis's P.O.V)

    I sighed bored. School can be so boring, the only entertainment was the new girl. "Just another rich girl from a rich family," I  muttered but watched as she took a seat next to me. I glanced at her and almost gasped; she looked just like Angel, only with deep green eyes instead of bright blue. She smiled at me, the same way Angel does. What the heck?

   "Hi I'm Krystal," her voice an echo of Angel's. She held out her hand and I shook it. 

       "I'm Artemis," I said, my eyes still wide. She beamed and giggled before turning toward the front. I sighed, trying not to stare at her. "Ugh, now I am becoming a delusional creep," I muttered. Not long after I was bored again and my mind started to drift. Flashes of painful memories flickered across my thought. I flinched and decided being a delusional creep was better than going into complete insanity. 

(Angel's P.O.V)

   I walked into science class and was introduced to the whole class. The only one I recognized was Artemis, but she wounldn't know who I was. I smiled and sat down next to her. I introduced myself and shook her hand before facing the front. 

   Soon I found it boring and it took everything in me not to just stand up and teach the class myself. So I started to doodle instead and ended up writing a poem instead:

Darkness stop being so dark.

Darkness stop breaking my heart. 

Darkness stop being so cold.

Darkness stop ruling my world.

Darkness stop being so right.

Darkness stop, let me fight my own fight.

Darkness stop, I will wage a war.

Darkness stop, you have become such a bore.

Darkness stop putting me in a cage.

Darkness stop, you forget my rage.

Darkness stop. I will set myself free.

Darkness stop. You can't stop me.

    I sighed, what a strange poem.

--------------------------------------------------------A/N---------------------------------------------------------------

Okay guys you are awesome. Thank you for getting this story to 8,000+ reads and 300 and some vote's. Comment what would be that most awesome thing for me to do in celebration.