C U L T I V A T I O N

Mitsuki woke in her bed and felt her body had recovered from what had happened yesterday . It must have been the energy that flowed through her body when she was sleeping .
She did her daily routine s always taking a shower , choosing clothes , and doing her hair .

She kept this routine even back at the island it kept her feeling refined as if everything was in order . She reached for an herb she had from back in the village and her book of medicine . She knew ointment would help her not get so soar so she decided to prepare one . Opening the book she found the ointment best suited and began marking it . She added rare herbs along with flowers that would help the herbs mix well . When done she placed the soft ointment in a little container before putting it in her pocket . The things she learned back home would come in handy after all . She made her way to the door and once she was out she saw athen waiting at his usual space . " why aren't you with master Hak ?" She asked as she thought they wouldn't see each other .

" I received orders from master sesumaru to take you with me so that you can cultivate out in the forest ." His expression showed no emotion and as he finished saying the last word he turned and began to walk through the hallway . Mitsuki followed knowing masters wishes were absolute and she shouldn't break them . " why is it you smell like flowers ?" Athen asked as he eyes the small girl .
" ohh ! It's an ointment I made " exclaimed Mitsuki along with a smile . They walked until they were at the exit of the palace . Athen without hesitation opened it and waited for Mitsuki to go outside . Knowing his intention she followed his orders and he closed the door when she was out . The made their way to a forest near by the castle that was beautiful covered by natural nature . " what are we going to do ?" Mitsuki asked as she observed her surroundings in awe . It reminded her of the island but with different exotic plants that seemed new to her. " let me explain what cultivation is . It's practically a state of meditating to gather the energy that surrounds you , this place is good because of how calm and pure it's air and nature are . You may not be able to cultivate on your first try but eventually you will get the hang of it . " Athen said as he looked around searching for something . A rock that was being hit by sunlight gently seemed to be what he was looking for he quietly went and sat on the rock adjusting to his peace of mind as Mitsuki just watched . The sun hit him revealing a black symbol of something through his white shirt on his right peck and shoulder .

" I didn't know you had a mark too ? What is it ?" She asks as she stays in place . " I was born with it . Do you have one too ? " Athen replies with such seriousness. " yea it's on my right arm . " she says . She knew since she had seen his mark she had to tell him about hers so it would be fair . " well now you know . You should get to work or we will get shoulder by master Hak ." That's all Hak said before closing his eyes and listening and taking in the energy in his surroundings . Hak has experience in cultivation since he practiced dou qi which was using his energy into certain places of his body and with learning skills releasing it on close combat . However Mitsuki did not know and she would find out later on the difference in there strength when he gets serious . Mitsuki then began to wander looking for a place where she could peacefully sit and begin to practice . She walked and cracked branches slightly until she made her way to a beautiful place .

She saw a waterfall making a riverbed in a beautiful matter . Above the waterfall stood a huge tree curving like into the middle of the water fall . On that tree was a fence . Mitsuki guessed this was her limit into going farther but it was just the right place . She travelled onto the huge tree and jumped the fence to were she could hear the water fall . She found the perfect spot beside a big branch that would shield her from the sun and sat beside it . She could see how big the forest was from that spot and she loved it .she inhaled the fresh breeze of water and closed her eyes gently . Seeing nothing but black she tried to feel and hear her surroundings like in her swordsmanship . After a while the Black seemed to turn multiple colors fusing together . She sat there feeling how more and more energy went into her body like an endless portal . She stayed calm and only watched the fusing colors noticing she was only able to absorb the yellow energy . She guessed it was because she had to pass certain levels to take in the others . She would ask when she got to talk to her master . Mitsuki was excited about being able to learn such exotic things that's she would never see back home . She was curious to see how strong she could become and how many opponents she would face . Curiosity is what would lead her into bigger and better things in the future . Before she knew it , darkness had clouded the sky but Mitsuki did not want to leave her spot and keep absorbing what was energy . The yellow energy flowed through her magi system making her feel full of energy . She remembered that master sesumaru said the trick to advancing was cultivation because the more you can cultivate the better . She would stay there and cultivate until she could no longer take in more energy of was starving . That was what she told herself . She was in a crossed leg position with her hands on her thighs resting with her eyes closed as darkness surrounded her .

An hour later she felt a soft tap on her shoulder . Opening her eyes she saw Athen standing before her . " it's midnight we should go back ." He said . " can you do me a favor ?" Mitsuki asked as she looked up at the boy . "What is it ?"

" can you leave me here and tell Hak and master that I stayed to cultivate ? I'll make my way back when I'm starving or can no longer stay focused . "

An eyebrow on Athens face made its way up a little " you already got the hang out it ?"

" well I think so "

" alright . Just make sure not to overdue yourself ." Was the last thing Athen said before leaving .

Mitsuki watched as the boy walked off into the distance before getting back to work . She looked at the sky filled with stars that illuminated the dark night . She later on her back and stared at the moon that also reminded her of her first friend . She smiled as she sat up and once again went into a deep trance filled wit bright fusing colors .