Prologue

Hey guys I was getting ready to go to sleep watching criminal minds and thought of making Krii7y au even though this was already anticipated, while I was writing Enemies I was also writing this so I hope you guys enjoy. ✨🌙

——————————————————————

"Dad, we left the donut shop an hour ago and I'm not going back." I groaned as I entered our home and watched as my dad ate his last donut. I chuckled and walked over to the old man and grabbed the box before he could lick the box clean. "You're gonna get fat."

"Don't jinx me." He stood up and walked over to our foyer where his jacket and other gear was. "Wow that was a nice breakfast, time for work."

"You do this everyday, I never get breakfast cause you eat it all and when I go to work with you I become light headed." I shouted as I picked up my jacket along with my notebook. It's something I use to take notes when my dad is working like, questions to ask a victim or suspect.

"You do that everyday, get donuts never grab some for yourself then expect me to share. I thought all of them were mine." He retorted and walked outside with me following suit. "Now shut up princess we got work to do."

"Don't call me that and yes sir." Was the last thing I said before we both got in the car and drove off.

-
I'm Smii7y, I can't tell you my actual name because then I'd have to kill you. "Jaren you need to learn how to treat your dad with more respect. I bring in money for the family and I'm teaching you how to be a great detective, the least thing you could do is let your old man have some donuts and also--" Nevermind.

I am also the son of James Smith and Ella Smith. We're honestly a weird ass family. I'm 19 years old and I go to a university near my home so I'd stay with them, not like I wanted to though, it was actually my dads idea. He wasn't done showing me the ropes of how to be a good detective, I wasn't discreet enough or whatever. My mom was a stay at home and since I was an only child she believed she didn't have to worry about anything. Except cleaning, cooking, and laundry if I may add.

I'm barely ever really at school since I'd be helping my dad solve cases. All not too serious since nothing happens in this boring town, minor things like shoplifting and assault. But serious crimes like murder, sexual harassment, and abductions were set at a minimum. Not saying they don't occur, ever since we left Canada and moved to Illinois. We've only had to ever solve 3 murder cases the whole time I've been working as a 'rookie' detective. All in which I, I HAD deciphered and only at the age of 16!!

"Hey rookie," I looked over at my dad and seen he had a smile on his face as he drove.

"Don't call me that." I mumbled and faced the window, my eyes wandering the street signs and people we passed. We were on the way to the station, another case was found about a stupid robbery. Not something I can't handle, so I was ready to hurry up solve it, go home, and sleep.

-

"We found out a few things about the robbery." I turned to him, one of the moderate detectives that worked at the station, hearing what he had to say about the missing items or criminal. "He didn't leave any traces, nothing dropped, alarm wasn't set off, only took ten thousand dollars."

I nodded while listening intently to him. "He did this all around the time of 2 in the morning." I wrote out the things he said into my notes journal, circling the ten thousand dollars and time.

"Do you think this traces back to the first two recent robberies or is this done by someone else?" My dad asked. There was also another thief who has also committed the same crime, from the time to the amount stolen. The detective shrugged causing my dad to nod.