Chapter 2

The next morning I said goodbye to Mom and Luke as they left for their honeymoon to Mexico; how Mom convinced Luke to go I will never know. Mom was reluctant to leave when I told her Logan was flying in today but I finally convinced her that I would be fine and that if there was a problem I had the whole town at my disposal.

After they left I sat down to work on the book. I had managed to finish a chapter when I heard the doorbell ring. I went to the door, trying to mentally prepare myself for the conversation that I was about to have. I opened the door to find Logan standing there, his blonde hair slightly messy from the long flight and wearing jeans and a plain red T-shirt. I wasn't sure how long it was before either of us spoke.

Finally I found the words " hey Logan please come in." I said as I stepped out of the way to allow him to enter the house.

We walked to the living room and sat down on the couch facing each other. "First off Ace, are you ok?" Logan asks with a little bit of a scared look in his eyes.

"I'm ok. Not much morning sickness. I guess I'm lucky in that sense."

" Rory... I want to be there for you."

I'm not sure how to respond. Of course I want him here, but what about Odette? Would he leave her or would he just want to see the baby when he could be in town? "How are you going to do that with Odette and the whole dynastic plan?"

"I'm not fully sure yet but I can tell you, Ace I don't love her. I love you; its always been you." He reached for my hand and gave it a little squeeze. "I will handle Mitchum and the Odette situation"

I let this sink in for a minute not believing what I was hearing. I thought I had ruined any chance of us being together again after I turned down his proposal all those years ago and when I sent him back to Odette after New Hampshire. What had I been thinking? I loved him and I just admitted defeat and sent him back, how could I have been so stupid? Why hadn't I fought for him like I wanted to?

"I love you to Logan. I always have. I should have told you that in New Hampshire. I should have asked you to stay with me." I squeezed his hand back and gave him a smile. He smiled back at me, that amazing Logan smile he had that just melted my heart.

"I should have never walked away. I never should have agreed to marry Odette. I am going to go stand up to my father and tell him I will not marry her and that I am moving back to the states to be with you."

"Won't he be super mad?" I looked at him worryingly. "What are you going to do if he kicks you out of the company or disowns you?"

"Let me worry about Mitchum and all of that. If he makes me leave the company then so be it. I was never very happy there anyway. I'm sure I can find something I am truly passionate about. You just worry about the amazing gift you have growing inside you. I mean it Ace, I can't believe this is happening, it is so wonderful. I had always envisioned us having kids together but I thought that vision was gone for good."

"I love you Logan and I am relieved that you are so ok with this. I was scared you wouldn't want anything to do with me and the situation."

"I love you to Ace." He declared as he pulled me into a sweet kiss.

I didn't want the moment to end. It was like the pieces of my life were falling into place. The love of my life and I had found our way back to each other. I was blissfully happy in this moment.

"How long can you stay?" I ask as we slowly pulled apart.

"I have a few days but then I need to get back to get everything thing in order."

I smiled at him and moved closer as I snuggled into his arms. I looked up at him as he leaned down and kissed me so tenderly. We stayed cuddled up on the couch for what felt like a long time. Neither of us wanting to move.