Chapter 13

The next few weeks were really stressful. It's was so hard to just stay in bed and not move around. I was starting to go stir crazy. On the upside though I did have lots of time to work on my book. I spent hours writing and had nearly finished half the book.

Logan was a huge help to during the last few weeks. He was there for everything I needed. He was a fountain of knowledge lately too. Very spare minute he had he was reading about everything to do with my condition as well as pregnancy in general. He had even mentioned an interest in going back to university to become a doctor. I think he surprised himself how passionate he was about the medical field.

"Logan" I started one evening, "why don't you go to Yale and talk to an advisor about going back as a med student. I mean you seem so passionate about it. I haven't seen you this interested in something since you were in university, planning the stunts for the Life and Death Brigade."

"I would love to do that Ace, but I cant leave you alone. I mean what if you need something and I'm not here?"

"I will be fine, Logan. I can invite Lane over and spend sometime with her. It's been a while and since we are both at about the same point in our pregnancy's it would be great to have another expecting mother to talk with." I tried to be as persuasive as I could be. He needed this. It would be really good for him. "Plus you wont be gone long just a few hours."

"Ok. Ok. You win I will go tomorrow. But if there is any issues and I mean any issues, I will be back here in an instant."

The next morning Logan got ready and headed to Yale to meet with the advisor for the Medical Sciences department. I was waiting on Lane to arrive. I had managed to convince Logan to let me move to the living room couch. I figured it would be a better visiting place than my bedroom. Just shortly after 10 Lane showed up caring coffee and donuts for us.

"Hey! You brought food and coffee!" I said excitedly. "You must have read my mind." I continued with a laugh.

Lane laughed and sat in the arm chair as she passed me a coffee. "So bed rest huh." She started. "It sucks doesn't it. I hated it when I had to be on it with the twins."

"Not going to lie. I am starting to go stir crazy. I am; however; doing everything in my power to get as close to term as I can." I paused and took a slow breath "but enough about me. How about you? Do you know gender yet?"

"I'm doing good. A lot better than I was with the twins. I'm not as big as a house at this point this time. And we are having a girl." Lane was beaming ear to ear.

"Wow! A girl! That's amazing we will both have girls almost the same age. They can grow up together like we did!" I was beyond excited. "How does Zach feel about that? And the twins?"

"Zach is happy for a girl. He's already worrying about guys like he was. The twins are excited to be big brothers and to look out for her. I feel these are going to be super protected girls." She said as she pointed between our tummy's. "Do you guys have a name yet?"

"Ya we picked it the other night. Amelia Richie Huntzberger. In honour of my grandparents. How about you guys have you picked a name yet?"

"We are thinking Jane Leigh or Laurie Leigh." 

"I think both are perfect. It's still so weird that we are having girls at the same time. It's like fate or something." It made me really happy that Lanes and my daughter would have each other just like we had had each other.

"So where did Logan go today?" Lane asked curiously.

"He went to Yale to talk to an advisor about starting med school in the fall. Since we found out about my condition he has been researching everything about it. He is very interested in learning everything he can to be able to help me and the baby. I haven't seen him so passionate about something this much in many years. So I told him to go ask questions. Because he has already completed a degree it shouldn't be to hard for him to get into the pre-med. He may have been reckless and fairly irresponsible in university but he actually did very well in his studies and got really good grades." I had been very surprised when I found that out myself but sure enough he showed me his grades and it was true.

"Wow!" Lane exclaimed in shock. "That's amazing. I hope he gets the answers he wants. I think he would make an amazing doctor."

"I think so too. It's nice to see him interested in something again. He was never really passionate about journalism or the business aspects of the family business."

Lane and I chatted and watched movies and had completely lost track of time. It was almost five when Logan got home. He looked happier than I had seen him in what felt like a very long time. "How was your day ladies?" He greeted us as he walked over to the couch and give me a kiss.

"We are great." Lane and I both replied at the same time, then doubled over laughing. "Jinx!" We both shouted.

Logan just looked at us and shook his head trying to fight a smile. "Wow you two have been friends way to long."  

That night after Lane had left and we had ate dinner, we were sitting in the bedroom. "How was the meeting to day?" I asked curiously.

"It was really great actually. I learned that because I have taken some pre-med classes already that it wont be hard for me to get in to the program. I was told I have to apply within the next few weeks. I responded back with 'well why wait?' I submitted my application right then and there." He paused for a minute, "I hope that was okay. I'm sorry. Should I have asked first and talked to you about it. Oh god, I should have talked to you first. I'm so sorry Ace."

"Logan, Logan. Stop, stop." I grabbed his hand and looked at him, trying to reassure him that I was not upset with this. "I am happy that you applied. I would never have suggested it is I wasn't okay with you applying. I expected it actually. This is right for you. I can just feel it."