04

"Finally!", Jennie exclaimed and hugged Jisoo tight when they left the recording studio. "I thought we'd sit there all night."

Jisoo laughed and took her hand, tugging her along. "After we changed your lyrics it went really fast. It was just this small thing, right?"

All of a sudden all the excitement was gone again. She was pretty bummed about it. As a rapper she always had thought that she was good at writing her own lyrics. Obviously not on the level of Tablo or any other of her seniors, but good enough. "I'll have to practice writing more", she mumbled, slowing her steps. Maybe every night before going to sleep. Or no, better in the morning directly after waking up. She should ask for advice, maybe someone else knew better how to practice these things.

"Jisoo?" She stopped and looked into the other direction of the floor. "I'll go visit Hayi shortly, okay? I need to ask her for some advice."

The girls had grown close after she'd featured in one of her songs. And Jennie knew that Hayi was practicing composing and writing as well and she did pretty good. Better than Jennie, obviously.

"Don't let this bring you down", Jisoo said and looked at her carefully. "It could have happened to everyone, even the best of us."

"Yeah, still." Jennie shrugged. "I'll just go see if she is preoccupied, it won't be long, okay?"

Jisoo nodded and dropped her hand. "I'll get you something to eat, hurry up. Lisa and Chae are already waiting for us."

Jennie laughed and then marched into the direction of the studio where Hayi was most of the time. It was also Epik High's studio, but they were probably not here at the moment. Tablo had his daughter and liked to spend time with her when he didn't have to be at work.

She knocked and then opened the door without really waiting, since Hayi wouldn't mind. After all, they were friends.

"Heey", she started to say and then froze, surprised. Tablo was in the room. And the rest of Epik High. And another guy, whom she couldn't really see, but was probably some idol. He had mint green hair, normal people seldom had that colorful hair colors. Hayi was there too, but seemed pretty occupied.

"Oh, hello", she said, backing away again. "I'm sorry, I was searching for Hayi, I didn't expect this. I'll just go", she added awkwardly and turned to close the door.

"Don't worry", Hayi said just as Jennie touched the door handle. "What's the matter?"

Jennie bit her lip, a bit embarrassed to ask her this in front of the person who was dubbed lyrical genius. Even if he was a nice person. "Nothing special, I just ran into some troubles and had hoped you could help me. But you seem occoupied, I'll go to eat."

"Jennie!" Tablo just now really seemed to notice her. "You came at the right time. Could you listen to a beat and say if you could rap to this?"

She looked at him, shocked. "Of course", she said, slowly making her way back into the room. "Are you making a new album?"

He shook his head. "We don't know yet, but at the moment there are only a few songs. Yoongi and I wanted to collaborate and we are making a Born Hater part three. We wanted to include some female rappers this time and I think you would sound perfect, but I'm a bit unsure if we can take you. You know that our CEO wants your image to be more pure and not tainted in anyway."

The guy - Yoongi - turned around and shrugged apologetically. "And there is also the problam with dating rumours. The last time I made a song with a girl they appeared immediatly. I'm Min Yoongi from BTS by the way, nice to meet you." He stood up and bowed before pulling out a chair next to him.