Prologue

In the year 30XX, the world developed the Counterbalancing Program, a sophisticated program for the rich, exemplary and utterly bored citizens of the world.

They signed up the top 1% of the top 1% of the worlds best and finest and gave them the ability to go to different worlds and play to their hearts content-provided they achieve the last wishes of the body they use and counterbalance the immense damage done to the different worlds due to the so called 'Protagonist's Halo' for which, these individuals would receive energy and powers corresponding to the tasks they had to undertake to realign the world to it's right path.

 The world get 1/3rd of the energy so received for supplying the selected citizens with this unique opportunity and the individuals get the rest.

For the world, it was an opportunity to get an energy source so powerful, that just 1/3rd of the energy received from a minor task was enough to power a small city for a week at the very least, For the selected individuals it was an opportunity to forgo their boring, privileged life and live lives completely different from what they were used to.

There were only five individuals who were given this opportunity because of the immensity of the task. Balancing a world is a delicate job-they cannot introduce foreign media,electronics or other developments from outside the current world as that would once again upset the set balance of the world.

 If they wanted to introduce it they must go through the entire steps of slowly developing the world they live in before it can be determined ready for foreign injections of any kind. If they go too against the laws of the world like arbitarily killing the protagonists the world's innate defences would be triggered against them, destroying the soul forever and sending immense backlash to the original world.

Our story starts with Li Feng, a man of extraordinary talent. Originally an orphan with no family and no money, his immense genius allowed him to easily built himself a financial empire, learn 25 languages, and pick himself up a dozen or so skills- all before the tender age of 22. Bored of the challenges the world had to offer him, he jumped on the opportunity of building himself up in different worlds with different personalities and win, even if he couldn't use all of his many, and varied, skills. It was a challenge he could'nt resist.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feng swipes his ID and goes through the iris recognition systen and easily enters his pod. He swipes through the information of the world and the body he is about to enter.

Feng is a senior detective named Zhang Wei at XXX City Police Dept, the top Police Dept. in the Country with the highest rate of solved crimes. As per the original story, he transfers to the Police Dept. a six months before the Female Lead- Song Wei Wei a newly entered rookie agent who wants to become a detective to find out who murdered her father.

Problem is, she is an incompetent detective who perfected the innocent lily act and is also equipped with a gorgeous face so she gets off the hook when she makes her many, many mistakes. She portrays herself as a woman with a very high moral code and so disrupts undercover agents , many sting operations and other deals leading to many deaths, but somehow always gets away with it.

The male protagonist is Li Heng, top businessman in the world with immense connections to the underworld who gets intrigued with the innocent Wei Wei and helps her to become a competent detective who later solves her fathers crime and they live happily ever after.

 Problem was, in her way to become a competent detective in one of the top agencies in the world, she went through a lot of bodies and a lot of innocent people died before she could reach her position as one the best in the world at solving crimes ( with the help of a powerful backer).

Zhang Wei is one of those sacrificed characters. The protagonist uncovers his undercover identity and foolishly says his name out loud in front of the criminal leading to a shootout, which leads to his death. This is used by the Simon as a 'teachable' moment for Wei Wei.

Feng would be entering the story at the time of his first day at the new office. Feng smirked, before adjusting the body of his new host to his stringent requirements. He easily blended in his original features with the features of the host. Zhang Wei was supposed to be a sexy, sensual man with a beautiful face, gorgeous enough that Wei Wei would remember his death but not so gorgeous that he would overwhelm the protagonists.

With the addition of Feng's features, the man become a beautiful creature that reeked of sensual pleasure and bad decisions with sculpted cheeks, thin, red lips, phoenix eyes holding dark amber eyes and dark red mark shaped like a tearmark right under his left eye. He had fair skin that seemed as smooth as jade and dark hair tumbling down to his shoulders. The man almost seemed to embody sex.

Feng easily laid down on the slab placed in the middle of the pod before initiating his transfer. He closed his eyes and smirked, looking forward to his new adventure.

----------------------------------------------------------
A/N- So I was very much inspired by FOD and the other various stories available of the very kind and thought I would give it a try.

This is my first story ever . English is not my first language and I have never taken a creative writing class in my life.

Also this story is very much unedited. So read at your own risk. Comment and vote if you find this interesting.