Chapter 3

If you guys don't remember, Li Heng was the "backer of the protagonist Song Wei Wei. Zhang Fan is the eldest brother of our MC Zhang Wei

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In a penthouse situated in the heart of the city, two men sat in contemplative silence.

One of the men was sitting behind a large mahagony desk, the immense desk somehow not dwarfing the man, despite it being atleast three times the man's size. He had stern, grecian features which seemed almost as though it was sculpted from marble by the masters of old. He had long, luscious ebony locks that were currently tied low. This man was none other than Li Heng, the puppet master of XXX City.

In public, he was a highly respected businessman, but only the closest to him knew the extent of his powers.

Opposite the desk sat another man. This man had a puppy-ish good looks- Large brown eyes, messy golden hair and a sun-kissed skin with a face that was almost always grinning. His name was Chang Bai, closest confidant of Li heng.

But he also had another position that not many knew. That of the enabler of Li Heng's many and, mostly idiotic, schemes.

It began when Chang was 10 and Heng was 7 and was threatened by Heng into using all of his allowance on hair dyes to dye the fur of his mother's prized poodle.

It only grew from there. All throughout their childhood days and college days, Heng devised plans to mess with others and dragged Chang into it.

Once Heng reached his position due to pure boredom and realised that the fight for power was over and that there was no more challengers for his position anymore, he immediately turned to pranks, king-making and the occasional match-making to fill his daily quota of fun.

What many people cannot see is- Heng didn't become a puppet master for the power it brought him, but merely the fact that it allowed him to cause drama for the sake of drama.

If only people knew that man who looked like a dignified noble actually had the attention span of a 5 year old and a sense of humor better suited for a juvenile netering Highschool!

His close collection of friends, were therefore a very eclectic mismash of thrill-seekers, bored soceity matrons and the occasional elite businessmen.

Currently Heng was staring at the picture of a certain Detective that was printed on the front page of the newspaper. Chang on the other hand was trying his hand at trying to beat Heng at a chess match he was not even paying attention to.

"Detective Zhang Wei.", Heng enunciated the name slowly, drawing it out, liking the way the name sounded in his mouth.

"Huh? Oh yeah, very talented fellow. Very popular too.", Chang said absent-mindedly, fiddling with the pawn in his hand, before placing it slowly and looking at Heng closely to see his expression.

Heng easily moved another pawn before looking back at the red haired man smirking at him from the newspaper. Something about the smirk made him want to play with the man, want to tease him and aggravate him and make that pretty mouth scowl and frown at him. The last time he wanted someone like this was with Chang but somehow he felt that this was something more than that.

He swivveled around in his chair a few time before pressing a button on his desk. A few minutes later, a man dressed in tight formal clothes comes in holding a tray with two steaming cups on it and sets them down in front of them before asking "Can I help you with anything, Mr. Li?".

Heng gazes deeply at the steaming cup in front of him before saying " Get me the report on Detective Zhang Wei. I hope the report is comprehensive?"