Chapter 4

So, here's another unedited chapter for your enjoyment. Thanks for all the votes and amazing comments. Ah,  and Cong is the guy whose murder investigation is going on. Remember the reporters? ?
--------------------------------------------------------

In a bar close to the precinct, all rookies the stood facing the rest of the police staff.

Sera stood up, a glass of wine in her hand. "Alright guys, the fresh meat-, I mean, rookies will introduce themselves to you. Get all the hazing out of your system now. Tomorrow onwards they will be your beloved juniors and you will have to treat them well."

Everyone sniggered at her words. Simon stood, holding his glass of whisky up. "I am sure you guys know there are only very few positions available in the department. I don't know which of you guys will be joining us permanently and which of you guys will be leaving us for other precincts. For as long as you are here, let's have some fun!"

"Yeah!!" Everyone cheered and started mingling. All the rookies eyes immediately attached to the senior detectives who were sitting in a booth, especially Zhang Wei who was trying to get the others to join him in a game of darts.

"Uhh-h, Detective Zhang?". Zhang and the other detectives turned to see a gorgeous woman standing shyly next to their booth. She had large, brown eyes and silky, blonde hair tumbling around her shoulders.

Wei Wei blushed when she became the object of Zhang's gaze. Zhang was slightly disturbed by the gaze of adoration he was receiving from the protagonist. In the original version, while she thought he was handsome, she never really gave him a second thought.

"Yes? Oh, yeah, welcome to our awesome precinct!" Zhang hid his thoughts easily, and flashed a sexy grin at the woman.

"Oh!" Wei Wei could feel her knees weakening at that grin and leaned against a table, trying to support herself.

One of the older senior detectives flashed a knowing smile at Zhang. "Zhang, why don't you invite the girl for that game? It can be a beauty vs beauty contest!"

Zhang's smile weakened a little before he smirked at Song Wei Wei. "What do you think, dear little rookie? Up for a game? Before you agree, keep in mind that I am very competitive, especially against gorgeous woman like yourself."

Wei Wei felt like she had just ascended. He called me gorgeous!! He actually thinks I am gorgeous!

"Yes!!" Wei Wei saluted him and stood straight. " I, Song Wei Wei, challenge you, Zhang Wei to a match of darts!"

"Oooohhhhh." All the detectives around them catcalled at them and whistled before Sera, who had already sunk in 5 drinks by now, stood up. "Alright Zhang, let's make this interesting. What do you say rookie?"

Wei Wei smiled widely. She knew this would cement her impression as a bold person to all the senior detectives here. Even if she lost, everyone would only remember her favorably.

"Of course, Sir." She looked at Zhang and felt her heart skip a beat at the sight of him smirking at her. "If I win, I get to train with your team."

"Oooooooh." All the spectators whistled before looking at Zhang.

Zhang wanted to kick all those idiots who thought they were doing him a favor by trying to hook him up with Wei Wei. He really didn't want her in his team. Even though he wouldn't die because of her stupidity, he had already trained his team up to his standards and starting from the start with someone new, especially Wei Wei who is bound to create numerous issues for him, would be tiring.