Chapter 18

"Oh my God!" Bianca covered her excited smile as she read her office promotion e-mail. She had created a home care app for her company's customers. This allows family members on the clients file to be able to see if their meds were given? What was their blood sugar levels at the time of visit? Did they have a fresh set of bed sheets, etc.. Bianca had came up with the idea when she always had to check behind Rose. The apps small monthly fee was already showing a vast profit for the first month. As she noticed her supervisor walking towards her, Bianca's smile slowly disappeared as Martin her coworker stared at her uncomfortably. He had been nothing but a pain in her side since she started to work there. Bianca figured she would let it go since she would be moving up to the next floor in a couple of days.

Ms. Howard, Bianca's supervisor gave her a warm smile, "Congratulations!"

Bianca sighed, "Thank you for showing the board my idea! I didn't think it was that important."

"Bianca?! You have been wonderful. I wish you could see that." Bianca nodded as she shyly looked down. "Well, I'll let you get back to work. Again, I'm very happy you are with us."

Bianca smiled as she watched her walk away, but the uneasy feeling of being watch washed over her. She caught movement in the corner of her eye as Martin made his way to the front of her desk, "Hi Bianca."

Bianca tried to look busy, "Hi Martin."

"You look really pretty today."

"Thanks.."

"So, what were you and Howard talking about?"

"I.. I.. don't think that is any of your business."

"I heard you got promoted.. Is that true?"

Bianca sighed and looked up at him, "What is it to you?"

Martin pursed his lips and pointed his finger at her, "I've been here longer! I deserved that promotion! Not you!"

Bianca shook her head, "I didn't say I did get one, besides, promotions shouldn't be because how long you been somewhere, it's on ideas and hard work."

She leaned back as he leaned into her face, "You think you're better than me, don't you?" Bianca nervously shook her head, "I asked you out because I pitted you. Being knocked up and all. No man really wants you."

"You need to leave Martin, before we both get in trouble."

He chuckled his normal high pitch chuckle, "Who would believe you. I would just say, you asked me to come over here. You would be gone in a heartbeat."

Bianca sat quietly and glared at him as he went back to his cubicle. When she was sure that he wasn't looking, she eased her hand down to her phone and stopped recording since the conversation was over.

Martin blew his daily goodbye kiss to Bianca before heading to lunch. She cringed and shivered as he left. After fifteen minutes of him being gone, she quickly made her way to Mrs. Howard's office and knocked on the door.

After Martin's lunch hour was over, he started to sweat bullets as he noticed Mrs. Howard standing at his desk with her arms crossed, "Martin, I need to see you in my office."

He smirked as he looked around, "But I have to..."

She stepped to him, "I said now!"

He glared at his un superior example of a boss as he followed her. Bianca watched from the safety of an empty locked office until he left. She held her breath as he emerged from Howard's office.

He was quickly looking about the office for her. He was looking for a target, "Well.. Where's Bianca? I need to tell her goodbye."

Howard scoffed, making Martin turn back to her, "Did you not hear a word that I just said? You are not to call, talk, or contact Bianca in any way, shape, or form!"

Martin calmly looked her up and down, "You can't really tell me what to do. You're not a real boss. My father always said, women don't belong in the office, just on their backs."

Howard was shaking to keep control, "Well.. Now you're fired.."

Martin stepped to her, "No! You said there would be an investigation!"

Howard chuckled, "You just insulted your department manager in front of the entire staff. Handbook, page sixteen! All employees will treat other employees with common curiosity and respect! Now, you just proved to everyone here that you're not capable of such behavior, so now; you are fired!"

Martin looked around the silent office as everyone stared at him. He quickly grabbed his things and left the office.

Bianca sighed with relief as she thought, "He's gone! Thank God!"

**************

James smirked at his brother as he scarfed down his order of fries. He had been asking him constantly about Bianca, but he would never tell him. This time his plan worked as Danny was distracted as he ate, "So.. No Bianca?"

Danny kept eating, "Nope.. "

"Such a shame.. I bet she's had like ten boyfriends by now.."

Danny threw his head neck as he chewed, "Ha ha.. Nope! She's said she's done with men..  Plus, this guy at work keeps freaking her out.."

James balled up his fist, "Really..? Where does she work?"

Danny immediately stopped his chewing, "Wait.. What..? What did I just tell you?"

James chuckled as he leaned his chin on his hand, "Enough."

**************
Did you like the chapter?

Will Martin do anything to Bianca?

Will James make her come back?

Does anyone really read my questions?