Chapter 29

James leaned against the doorway, studying Bianca as she researched, "Bianca..?"

She quickly clicked off the screen so he wouldn't see, "I know.." She looked down with defeat as he approached her chair. Bianca pursed her lips as he rubbed her tired shoulders and patted his hand, "I'm okay.."

"Bianca.."

She shook her head as she started to sob, "I.. I'm going to lose them, either way. I'm either going to miscarry or be found guilty as a child molester and not be able to see them. Either way, I lose."

James turned her desk chair to face him, "Bianca, you are not going to jail."

Her lips quivered as she shook her head, "Why did he do it? I loved him so much, just like my own sibling."

James searched her expression as he caressed her face, "I don't know."

She gently grabbed his hand, "I can't imagine what your going through right now. I'm so sorry your being pulled two ways, but please know; I don't hate him. I just want to know why."

James leaned in and kissed her, "I have a meeting with him and our lawyer tomorrow. I'll get the truth, one way or another."

Bianca leaned closer as she started to cry, "We have to hurry. I don't want them to hurt them. Please."

He pulled her into a tight hug as she sobbed," I'll fix it. Don't worry."

*************

James lightly tapped on his brothers dorm door, "Come in.."

Danny smiled and gave James a big hug, his smile eased when the unknown man stepped in, "Who's that?"

James slightly turned to Samuel his lawyer, "A friend. Can we talk?"

Danny shrugged his shoulders, "Sure."

James and Samuel took a seat while Danny played with Legos in the floor, "So, how have you been?"

"Fine?"

James nervously cleared his throat, "Have you seen Bianca lately?"

Danny continued to play, "No, why?"

"Well, she really liked spending time with you, and I can't find her. I was hoping you could tell me where she is."

His head snapped up to James, "Mii.. Missing.. She's not in jail?"

James cocked an eyebrow, "Why would she be in jail, Bianca never did anything wrong?"

Danny nibbled on his bottom lip, "But she said she would go to jail and no one would get hurt.."

"Really, who said that?"

Danny looked down as he fumbled with his fingers, "Not suppose to tell you. Rose said she would kill you if I did.."

James leaned back and rubbed his mouth, "Danny.. Why..?"

He looked to James with pain stricken eyes, "Rose said Bianca wouldn't get hurt. Just be put away safe for a while.."

"What about her babies?"

Danny shrugged, "What about them?"

James shook his head, "They think she hurt you. They think your the father . They are going to hurt them to try to prove it.."

Danny jumped up and started to frantically pace, "No! Rose said.. Rose said, that they would be fine.."

James stood up, "If somehow Bianca goes to prison, she will never get to see them again.. They won't have a mother .."

Danny started to tap the side of his head due to a nervous tick, "No! No! They can't.. I.. I didn't mean to hurt her.. She's my friend!" James slowly pulled him into a hug and held him as he sobbed, "I'm sorry James, does she hate me?"

"No, but she is very scared about the babies health. If something happens to them, we might lose her." James felt instant grief at the thought of Bianca killing herself if she lost their twins. He knew it would send her over the edge.

Danny leaned his tear soaked face up to his brother, "What do I do?!"

"Tell the truth. I promise, you won't get hurt. Please save her."

Danny nodded as he caught his breath.

*************

James and Danny slowly eased down the hallway of Bianca's house. They both peaked in as she rocked herself in a daze in the babies nursery. Her face slowly looked up to the two brothers as she stopped her rocking. Bianca slightly tilted her head as she started to cry. She eased from her seat with outstretched arms and met a walking Danny half way and hugged him. Danny was sobbing uncontrollably, "I'm so sorry.."

Bianca nodded as she hugged him, "She didn't hurt you, did she?"

He feverishly shook his head, "No, but she scared me."

Bianca squeezed him tighter, "I know, she's good at that."

********
Did you like the chapter?

What will Rose do now?

Was Bianca too forgiving of Danny?

Was James right to trick him?