Chapter 1

All these years taught me that the first day of school was the most boring one.

Yet, I still had excitement raging inside of me, causing those nervous butterflies to flutter in your stomach by overthinking the joys of the simplest of events.

It was 7 o'clock, I checked on my phone. I didn't sleep well last night. My best friend Leia was here at my house last night.She arrived here at 3pm and left at around 11:30 pm.

We went for shopping as Leia thought that it would be a very horrendous thing to do if we didn't arrived to school wearing new clothes. I, as always, accepted her polite offer of joining her to the mall for shopping.

We ended up buying a lot more than needed, but I wasn't complaining. After shopping for more than 3 hours we decided it would be best to take away food, rather than dining in, and go home.

When we got home the first thing we did was ofcourse, trying on our new clothes. We modelled the clothes around and had a great time, Ate the food we bought from the mall. Later she got a call from her mother , telling her to come home, and left.

So I was left there alone in my room to sulk, but I decided it would be better to use my phone than sleep.

So, at about 4 am, I took a nap of exactly of 3 hours and that was it.

After recapping the events of last night, I jolted up from my comfortable king sized bed and walked across my room to the bathroom. I stretched my arms and my body.

I looked at my tired face in the mirror. I quickly opened the faucet and hot water started gushing out. While brushing my teeth I looked down towards the marble sink and not into the mirror, because if I did I would most certainly start crying.

Despite the fact that I belonged to a very rich and wealthy family, I still was insecure. Unlike most rich teenage girls who think they are some sort of Victoria Secret super models. Most rich teens.

After brushing my teeth and pushing such thoughts about my face and figure aside, I pulled off my black coloured tee-shirt and grey loose flair pants and walked to the shower.

My bathroom was with brown colored tiles and a built in wooden closet. The lights were dim yellow spot lights and the atmosphere was very calm.

I opened the glass doors of the shower cabin and carefully stepped inside. I turned on the faucet and water slowly started running. I turned the faucet left so the hot water would come out. I waited for a few seconds until the hot water came out.

I stepped under the water and relaxed. After 5 minutes of letting my body and hair soak under the water, I reached to the glass shelves and grabbed my shampoo. While massaging the shampoo into my scalp, I thought about what will happen today. If the new teachers will be nice, how the new students would be, how hard the studies will be, etc.

I  massaged the shampoo into my long,dark strawberry blonde hair and rinsed it out with hot water.

After 15 minutes of washing my body and hair, I turned the faucet off and stepped outside. I dried my naked body with a large blue towel and wore a bathrobe before unlocking the bathroom door and stepping outside.
My bedroom had wooden floor that was creeking a annoying sound when I stepped

I walked over to the shopping bags, that had the new clothes, sitting beside a coffee table. I grabbed all three of them and dumped the contents on my bed.

Out of the mass of tops, bottoms and shoes, I decided on a white tank top, high waisted denim jeans, and my navy blue denim jacket.

I looked out the large bedroom window to see nothing but early winter morning fog outside. I frowned as it felt like it was going to rain. Rainy weather made me exceptionally sad and sleepy.

I changed into my selected clothes and stood in front of my white wood vanity, staring at my reflection.

My cheeks were tinted faint rosy pink and my skin was ivory pale and clean. My plump lips were a little chapped.

My hair fell down my shoulders and reached almost down to my hips.

I had barely visible light purple and blue veins showing on the under eye bags of my green eyes.

My nose was small and upturned, something that I had inherited from my mother. I sighed audibly at the thought of my parents. They are usually never here, only if it was for business dinner parties or their friends coming over, which was rare.      

I didn't mind that though, them being away only meant a curtain for hiding all of my sins from them.

I pushed those thoughts aside as I grabbed my chapstick and put it on my dark pink lips, I brushed my hair and fixed my face with minimal make up before I was fully satisfied with my appearance. Ready for the first day of my senior year of high school.

Hope you have an amazing day/night.
Xo- F.