Chapter 3

An owl holding a letter appeared behind my window. I let the bird in and took the paper off of its beak. I recognised Ginny's handwriting and I started reading the parchment.

"Hey Nora,

I asked mum if you could spend some days at home for Christmas, and she said you could spend the whole holiday with us. Don't get me wrong, I am not asking you to come, I am letting you know you have plans. If you have to study, feel free to bring your textbooks. I'll need company: Fred and George have a lot planned, and Percy, Bill and Charlie will only be there on Christmas eve.

Looking forward for you to come.

Love,

Ginny xx"

Well, I guess I had plans for Christmas.
I spent the next month studying, reading and studying. When the holidays finally arrived, I received another letter from my lovely red-headed friend.

"Hey Nora,

I'm just making sure you did not forget your planned stay at the Burrow for Christmas. I understand you were super busy this month, I told mum you'll be arriving on Monday instead of Saturday. You'll have some time to rest, and prepare yourself for a kick ass stay with me!

See you soon,

Love,
Ginny xx"

On Monday morning, I prepared a bag and was grateful for the missing hours of sleep I got back that weekend. Just before noon, I apparated in front of the Burrow and knocked on the door. I was surprised to see Charlie Weasley opening the door.

"Hi," I said, surprised.

He invited me to step inside the house and I took the time to take off my coat and scarf, but also my snowy shoes. Without a word, he took my winter clothes and put them in a cupboard by the door. He asked how I was doing, and instead of answering properly, I babbled.

"I thought you were only supposed to be here for Christmas."

"I was, but I changed my plans," he said surprised, but smiling.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean – I don't want to sound like – I did not say it that way, I was just surprised, I didn't –"

"Nora," he interrupted, "I was messing with you."

He looked at me for a second and took my bag, laughing under his breath. I assured I could carry my bag, but he didn't listen, or he was willingly disregarding what I was saying. I followed him and we walked up the stairs to Ginny's room.

"What on earth is in this bag?" He eventually asked.

"Books. I told you I could carry it myself, it's obviously too heavy for you." I said, smirking at him.

He sighed as we reached his sister's room. After exchanging a few words, she thanked Charlie for taking me to her room, as well as for having carried my bag.

"This bag could have been the death of you. But thanks, it was nice of you." I told him.

Ginny looked very excited to have me here. She said her brothers had been driving her insane. She also explained that Charlie was home so he could be in touch with some Scottish professor, something about his work. Ginny and I put up a bed beside hers, put on some sheets, and we went downstairs. There, Fred, George, Charlie and Ron were talking together. The brothers greeted me, and offered us to join the conversation.