Chapter 11

The weather was getting warmer, and I spent most of my time studying in the grass. I had been learning the spells from Percy's gift, as well as Romanian. It had been five months since I had seen any Weasley. I was still in contact with Ginny, and we were trying to find some time to spend together during the summer.

I was reading on the grass when a letter arrived for me. It seemed too fast an answer to be from Ginny. It was from Charlie. He was asking how I was doing, and said Ginny used to update him about me a little. His letter did not make much sense in that it didn't contain a lot, but I was really happy he wrote anyway.

I took the time the write back, thus starting a correspondence. Then only did I realise how much I had missed talking about magic-related things, like dragons, spells and creatures. In the same vein, I had also missed talking with Charlie. Inside the many letters we exchanged, the subjects did not defer much from last Christmas, but we never seemed to run out of things to say. About a month or so later, I received a letter containing a whole different matter.

"Nora,

Did you have a book next to you when you wrote your last letter? You sounded like a proper expert, though I must say you lacked intuition sometimes. Which is understandable, since you've never actually seen a dragon. Ginny told me you'd like to come to Romania but were too embarrassed to ask (her words not mine). Hence, I am officially inviting you to come and visit the dragon reserve this summer, under the supervision of yours truly. Though I must warn you I will still be on duty most of the time, but I'll make time for you. Tell me how you feel about this. I'd be glad to have you home.

Best,
Charlie x"

I was absolutely stunned by his invitation. I was given the chance to see real dragons, which had become a dream ever since last Christmas. And let's face it, I was glad I'd get to see Charlie again.

"Charlie,

I might have to kill Ginny after your revelations, this will be all your fault. Your invitation is very kind, and I'd love to come, if it's not too much trouble for you. I'll have the results of my final exams on the 24th of June, tell me when you can have me, and for how long.

Thanks again,
Nora x"

I received his letter a week later, in which he told I could arrive anytime, and that the 26th was his day off. He also wrote I was welcomed to stay for as long as I wanted. I took careful notes of everything and sent the last letter of this correspondence. Once the results in, the year validated, and my place cleaned, I put some clothes in a bag, and stepped into the fire place. I dropped the floo powder and appeared in a new place.

I coughed a little bit and tried to take a step, when a hand caught mine and helped me out of the fireplace.

"Hey there," Charlie said, smiling.

"Hey."

He took my bag from my hands and helped me taking off my cape. I took this opportunity to have a look at him. He was just as I remembered him, maybe taller, and not as well rested. He was not wearing the bracelet.

"Already analysing me?" He asked.

"What, no, I was, I was..." I stuttered. "Okay, I was watching you."

He laughed and showed me around his place to the guests' room, mine for the time I would spend there. It was a small room with a bed, a cupboard and a desk. Minimalist. We came back to the living room where I could watch around a little. The kitchen had a bar, and there was a table next to the tall stools. The room was large and the colours were really warm. He offered me something to drink, and we sat a moment. A silence settled. An awkward silence.