Chapter 7

In the morning, we awoke to the voice of the mother of the house. Mrs Weasley screamed through the house for everyone to wake up. I managed to get out of bed after fighting my need for sleep, and Ginny and I reached the kitchen, where Charlie was helping his mother.

"Did you sleep well dears?" Mrs Weasley asked.

"Great!" Ginny answered, cheerful.

"Alright," I said in a low voice.

Ginny and I sat and had breakfast. I was so tired I barely ate, and Ginny had to elbow me in order to "move" me a bit. Once done, we took our plates to the kitchen, and I could feel Charlie's eyes on me, like he was expecting me to drop something again. Mrs Weasley asked Ginny to take something to the garden, which she did, leaving me with her brother in the kitchen.

"Didn't sleep much?" He asked.

"How did you guess?"

He smiled and remained silent.

"How long did you sleep? You don't seem to lack sleep," I asked.

"Six hours, I'm used to not sleeping a lot. How about you?"

"About... two, or maybe three hours... I don't really know."

"You should take a nap or something, you won't last long."

"I'm more resilient than you'd think," I defied.

"I'm sure you are," He said, gently laughing.

However, he was right, I needed to take a nap. I spent the day struggling to stay awake, and eventually went to bed around 6pm. I did not wake up until 6 in the morning. I got up and could hear nothing but silence in the house, everyone was still asleep. I silently walked down the stairs, when I saw someone sleeping on the couch. I recognised Charlie, still dressed, with a quill in his hand and an opened bottle of ink on the table. I approached and saw he was working on something when he must have fallen asleep. I took the top of the bottle and closed it and put a blanket on Charlie. I then left to the kitchen and prepared breakfast for the whole house.

About an hour later, everything was ready on the table, and I sat, rather proud of myself. I started eating when I heard footsteps. After a few seconds, Charlie appeared at the door, still sleepy. His hair was messy, and he hardly managed to open his eyes. He seemed quite surprised to see me up already.

"Hi," he said in a raspy sleepy voice.

"Hey. I assumed you had a room in this house, but apparently I was wrong."

He had a small smile and sat in front of me, looking at the table.

"You did all this? You're a perfect housewife," he said.

"I had time, and your mother always does everything, I thought I could help a bit," I explained.

"I wasn't mocking, it's very nice of you. It's actually the smell that woke me up."

He took a plate and prepared his breakfast. We finished eating together when Mrs Weasley arrived. She was very surprised to see us, but more, to see the table already full of food.

"Merlin! You did this, dears? This is lovely!"

"Nora did it, not me," Charlie said, smiling at his mother.

"It is so sweet of you dear, thank you," she said before sitting around the table.

Mr Weasley arrived, and I left the kitchen, followed by Charlie.

"Are you coming with us this afternoon?" he inquired.

"Coming where?" I asked, confused.

"Diagon Alley, we're Christmas shopping."