Chapter 6

Couple of days had past, and I had learnt so much about dragons. It was such an interesting subject, and Charlie never seemed to have enough of talking about these beasts. We spent a whole afternoon talking on the subject, and Ginny joined us to listen to some adventures her brother has had during his years of working with dragons. I was absolutely amazed by his work.

At the end of the week, after dinner, Ginny and I decided to go to the garden, we liked casting enchantments outside. She asked Charlie if he wanted to come along with us, which he accepted. We lied on the grass and waved our wands. We cast spells on the grass and on the leaves, making them twirl around us. We played like that for a while, with Charlie's exceptional participation.

When we came back inside the house, Mrs Weasley was sitting in the arm chair, knitting. Charlie sat next to her and they started talking. Ginny seemed interested in their conversation, so we both sat on the couch and listened. After a while, Mrs Weasley enquired for my family.

"I didn't plan on coming home for the holidays, my parents are traveling together, and my brothers will probably have dinner together with their girlfriends," I explained.

"Would you like to send them a letter? You can borrow our owl if' you'd like."

"It's very nice, thank you. I called them before the holidays, and I'll probably call them again sometime later."

"Are your parents Muggles?"

"Yes, they are," I answered.

"Surprisingly, she's half-blood." Ginny added.

"How comes?"

"There are no wizards on my mother's side. And I never knew my biological father."

"I'm sorry dear," Mrs Weasley kindly said.

"Don't be. If he had died my mum would have told me, so I suppose he just left. I don't know who he was."

"But, if you don't know who he was, how can you be sure?" Charlie asked.

"When I came back from school on my first year's Christmas holidays, I told everything I did to my mum, and she said some of my words sounded familiar. She'd heard them from him, but she couldn't understand them before"

"You never looked for him?"

"No, I don't need him, and he didn't want me. I never looked for him because I already have a father, he means a lot more to me than my biological father ever could."

We grew silent, and I could see Mrs Weasley looking at me with that motherly look. Eventually the subject of the conversation changed, and I listened a little. I watched the little group, they looked very much alike, and it was obvious they enjoyed spending time together. I found it sweet. Charlie caught me analysing them, once again, all I could do was uncomfortably smiling. I asked if anyone wanted tea, and left to the kitchen, soon followed by Charlie.

"I figured you might need help to carry four cups," I heard him saying behind me.

"Thanks."

A short silence settled, soon broken by Charlie.

"Were you playing Seven Differences just now?"

"No, I– No. I mean you do look alike, but it was more like, I don't know, sweet how you behave with each other, like a real family. It doesn't really make sense, does it?"

"It does make sense. It's not often our mother get to see us all for long periods of time. And, we are a family type of family.

I continued preparing the tea, while Charlie took a plate of cookies, in silence.