VIII: Winston

When I arrived at the Natus castle, I wasn't expecting it to be nearly impossible to find my mate, yet that caster seemed to simply drop off the face of the earth. It took me an entire hour of being on the property to find that red haired, dark skinned beauty and when I had, he was in some hidden off casting room.

I decided to wait until he was finished slicing up what looked like a frog before sneaking up behind him, wrapping my arms around his waist.

"Hecate!" he screeched, batting my arms off him before turning around to face me.

Before he could properly curse me out, I cupped his chin in my hands, giving him a chaste kiss, relieved when I felt the tell tale sparks dance across my skin at the contact.

"I missed you." I tell him.

He seemed shocked to say the least, still taken aback at my presence, so I chuckled.

"I see you got my gift." I point to the chain round his neck, the charm hidden just below his tunic. I lightly tug it on top of the fabric. "It looks amazing on you. I was hoping you could create a charm such as that one for me in return, though I suppose we'll both be needing to add another charm to those necklaces, won't we?"

"You've met him?"

"Lord Montenari? Last night, maybe just an hour before you. He's quite perplexing, don't you think?" I question.

"I wouldn't know. He ran off before I could say much of anything to him."

My brows furrow at this. I remember there being some commotion last night, but I hadn't quite known the source of it. He'd run away? From his prince none the less? How odd. In Wallein that was a high offense, but I couldn't be too sure if it was the same in Natus. If the number of guards sent after him and Red's current facial expression was any indication, our wallflower was in loads of trouble.

"Have you managed to find him?"

"No. His magic was strangely faint, impossible to track, and with his mother's track record, we didn't stand a chance of finding her." he sighed out.

"What would that record be, pray tell?"

"She's suspected of assassination on multiple accounts, but since none of her clientele with give her as a witness, we can't charge her with anything. Besides, she's gotten rid of more corrupt politicians than my parents inquisition. She may as well be on pay roll for us at this point."

I rose my brows at this but said nothing. I knew of the removal of those trying to overthrow my mother in matehood but Robin never went into the extent that went to or any details, probably because he couldn't, and I respected that.

I couldn't yet tell Robin's true feelings on having a second mate. I'd known for over a month now that we'd have one but even I had my doubts. Where would he stand in the existing relationship we had? How would we adjust to it? Obviously, the three of us were meant to be with one another but I couldn't help but feel as if this would've all been easier if we met at once.

"You're doing that frowny thing again. What are you overthinking now?" Robin questions, giving me a pointed look.

I roll my eyes at him. "I'm not overthinking anything. I was wondering how this Lord will be like. We both have known one another for years now, both of us know nothing about him."

"I knew it."

"Stop it, I'm being serious, and you know that this is a real concern. We need to discuss this."

He sighs out. "I know, I know. Helena has some tea ready in the study by now, we can talk while this cauldron cools."

He takes off his waist smock and blows out the flames beneath the over sized pot before leading me to a loose wall panel in the corner of the room. He ushers me through the hole and guides us down a series of passage ways before we finally arrive to his personal study.