The First Cut Is Always The Deepest

Kara's day had started out amazing. She was reconnected with the love of her life, Mon-el. But once he told her where he had been the past 7 months and she met his wife, Imra, her heart had shatterd once again.
    Kara walked into her loft, and began to think. She had so much emotional pain, she needed to rid herself of some of it. The only way to get rid of some of this pain is to replace it with physical pain. She thought.
   The only thing that could pierce Kara's skin was her one weakness, kryptonite. And there was only one place to get it. Clark. She quickly took out her phone and dialed his number.
   "Kara" he greeted. "What's up?"
   "Hey Clark" she said trying her hardest to sound at least a little happy. "J'ohn asked me to get some kryptonite from you, we don't need much, just a bit that we can do some testing on." She lied. "Can you bring some to my loft?"
   "Of course, I'll bring you a box in the morning"
   "NO" She blurted out louder then expected. She relaxed her voice. "I-we need it tonight, and you know J'ohn, always needing to be on schedule." She was now lying through her teeth.
   "Okay" Clark replied suspiciously "I'm on my way"
   "Thanks Clark" She hung up the phone and sat patiently until she hurt the wind gust through her window.
    "Hey , thank you" Kara went in for a hug when Clark put the box down, he huged her back.
   "Do you just want me to drop this off at the DEO? " he asked
   "No, no, it's fine thanks, I'll just bring it to them tomorrow." She liked once again.
   "Alright, well it was good seeing you cuz, but I have to get back to Lois." Kara nodded and he flew out of the window.
   Once she was sure he was gone, she walked over to the small wooden box and opend it. She began to feel weak looking at it. But it was alright, she needed to get rid of some of this pain.
   Kara picked up a small piece of the green substance and rolled up her light pink sleeve. She slowly pressed the kryptonite to her skin until she began to bleed.
   She did this twice more on the same arm, twice on the opposite arm, and then brought the kryptonite to the sink to wash the blood off. Along with cleaning her arms up. She put the kryptonite back into it box and hid it under her sink, behind the cleaning supplies.
   The wounds she had just made did not heal, which did not worry kara, she knew they would heel in 1 or 2 days. Hopefully.

______________________________________

   The next morning was a bit of a blur. Kara had woken up at her normal time to get ready for work at CatCo. 6:45. When she realized her sleeves and sheets around her were converd in blood. She raced up to the bathroom and rolled up her sleeves. All her wounds from the night before had opend up.
   Kara cleaned herself up once again this time putting bandages over her arms, threw her sheets and pajamas into the wash, and continued to get ready for work. She wore a long sleeved dress so no one would see her bandaged arms.
   She arrived to work right on time, and went on with her normal day. Nothing out of the ordinary happened, no one suspected a thing.
   Kara was proud, she was never a good liar, but she made it through the entire day without anyone finding out what she had done the night before.
   The DEO wouldn't be as easy, but she thought she could continue to hide her new secret. She flew into the building wearing her supersuit and was greeted by Alex and Winn.
    "Kara," Winn began "Mon-el, said he needs to talk with you ASAP."
   Kara put a puzzled look on her face "Why?"
   "Not sure"
   "Well, I'm busy, right Alex" She looked into Alex's eyes for help.
   "Oh um, yes. We should train a bit" Alex said getting the signal.
   "Not so fast," Said a familiar voice behind Kara. It was J'ohn. " I just got a message from Clark, he said that you asked him for kryptonite last night because we needed to test it?"
   "Oh right,"Kara broke into a sweat as she watched Mon-el and Imra walk into the conversation "I asked him for some kryptonite to-" she looked at Mon-el who's arms were crossed waiting for an answer like everyone else "help us fight Reign." She felt her nose crease, and prayed to Roa no one would notice
   "But we have kryptonite bombs and stuff, remember?" Alex asked puzzled why that her sister would forget that.
   " Oh my, I can't believe i forgot. I'm sorry, I'll tell Clark he can have the kryptonite back when I get home." She almost ran away to avoid anymore questions.
   "Kara" She heard Mon-el yell to try to get her to stop. She didn't. She was not in the mood to talk to Mon-el, or his wife, or anyone else for that matter, she was tried and her heart hurt. "Kara" he yelled again.
   This time she knew she had to stop. So she did "yes." She said coldly.
   He stoped  and stared at her, winded by her coldness " Can we talk please?"
   She nodded and he lead her to a room so they could talk privately. "I know me being here is ha-"
   "Stop" she interrupted him. "Please just stop, I don't want to talk about this."
   "Kara" he started once again.
   "No Mon-el, for the past 7 months I my heart has been braking more and more each day, because I thought you were dead. And when I saw you again, it's  like- it was like you tried to tape it back together again, but tape doesn't hold for very long."
   She started to walk away when he yelled " I know you were lying back there" Kara stopped dead in her tracks.

An/ so that was the first chapter of my first fan fiction. I hope you all enjoy and leave comments on what you think is going to happen next/