My Dumb Human Heart

Two minutes. Kara heart stopped for two minutes. The doctors said she would be fine. She just had a bad reaction to the medicine, they had given her to heal her wounds.
        Mon-el was sitting outside her room, to many emotions running through his mind. Imra was sitting next to him. "She will be fine." Imra said rubbing his arm.
        J'onn walked out of Kara's room and Mon-el immediately stood up. "She's alright" j'onn said, Mon-el nodded.
      "Can I see her?"
       J'onn nodded, and Mon-el almost ran almost ran into Kara's room, with Imra following. Kara was asleep, and Alex was sitting in a chair next to her holding her hand.
     "Why are you in here?" Alex asked glaring.
      "I just wanted to..." He stopped, there was nothing he could say to stop Alex from hating him. "How is she?" He asked, trying to change the subject.
     Alex looked at Kara do worried, so upset. "She is going to wake up soon." Alex looked up "and I don't want you here when she does."
     "Alex-" Mon-el started
     Alex stood up and raised her voice. "Mon-el, I want you to leave. I do not want you here, she does not wa-"
     "Guys?" A weak voice came from the bed.
      "Kara," Alex ran over "are you ok? How are you feeling? Why would you do that?"
        "I'm sorry. " Kara's eyes started to feel with water. "I'm so so sorry. I was just so tired , tired of everything, I'm so sorry"
       "No I'm sorry, I should've listend to you, I should've been there for you." Alex hugged her sister.
        Mon-el and Imra were standing there patiently waiting for their hug to brake apart. When Alex let go, she left the room whispering "you have 5 minutes before I kick you out" to Mon-el.
       Kara looked up at Mon-el and there was just silence. Imra broke it. "I'm so glad you ok Kara, and if you ever need someone to talk to." She trailed off.
        "Thank you Imra" Imra nodded and left the room.
        That only left Mon-el. He walked over to her bed and finally spoke. "I can't help but feel like this is my fault." Mon-el sounded ashamed.
       " Mon-el. You are not the one who stabbed the kryptonite into my stomach. That was me remember?" She smiled slightly.
      He grabbed Kara's hand. "But I'm the one who pushed you into it."
      Kara loosened her grip on Mon-els hand. "Mon-el, if I died what would you have done? You would've gotten over it. This wasn't your fault. It was my own selfish needs, and my dumb human heart."
       Mon-el tightened his grip again. His voice was low almost a whisper. He got close to her. "Kara if you died, I would've have never forgiven myself. A part of me would've died A long with you."
        Mon-el started into her eyes. They were so blue. More blue then usual. She looked so beautiful.
        Kara quickly let go of his hand a jumped out of her medical bed. "I can't do this, Mon-el. I can't keep letting you toy with my emotions. I'm not something that you can just have 1 minute and throw away the next. I am a person. I have feelings. Trust me if I didn't have to have feelings I wouldn't." Kara's eyes started to once again fill with water. "But I do. I do. I have feelings, I have emotions. And you just keep messing with them." She said stuttering.
          He stepped closer to her. "I'm sorry Kara. I'm not trying to hurt you. I just want you to be safe. I just want you to be okay."
        Kara took another step back. " well I'm not okay and I don't know if I'll ever be. I'm sorry I have to i-" Kara quickly flew through the glass out the window. She was still weak, but she could definitely find the strength to run away from her problems.
       She heard faint screams of her name. Probably coming from Mon-el or Alex. But she didn't care she just kept flying. It helped her clear her head.
      Kara found herself flying to the fortress of solitude. She entered the cold, icy, cave and broke down. She sat there and cried. She couldn't hold it in anymore. After about 15 minutes she heard in phone ring. The caller ID lit up with the name Alex.
       She wiped away her tears and pressed the green button. "Alex?" She sniffled.
      "Kara? Where are you? Everyone is worried sick?" Alex asked in a panic.
         "I." She cleared her throat " I'm at the Fortress of Solitude. I kinda just ended up here. I'm trying to clear my head."
         "Oh thank God. I thought you were off doing something awful. Mon-el said you ran off, Why?"
        "It doesn't matter. I'll be home soon I promise." Before Alex could answer, Kara hung up.
        She sat there for another 15 minutes, just thinking. What now? They all think I'm weak. I can't go home. Kara was snapped out of her thoughts with her phone ringing again. This time the caller ID came up with Winns name. It felt like forever since Kara had talked to Winn alone. He was her best friend.
        "Hey Winn" she smiled slightly
        "Kara, come home." He pleaded
       "Why did something happen?"
        "No I just miss my best friend. And I'm worried about you." Winn replied.
        "Yeah, I'm worried about me to" she let out a sigh.
        "So come home, I can help you. "
       "I just need some time," Kara started
       "Kara, please" he sounded desperate and Kara just couldn't say no.
       "Fine, I'm on my way " Kara hung up and stood up, feeling a wave of dizziness. She shrugged it up and started flying away. She felt tired, and dizzy. When she finnaly got back to the city, she stoped flying and began to fall. Kara couldn't stop herself. She didn't have the energy to anymore. She let herself fall, faster and faster until she felt the ground crush beneath her.
      She layed there, hearing "is she alright?" And "supergirl?" Multiple times, not having the strength to get up. She looked down at her arms and stomach to see herself converd in blood. What was she to do now?
        She closed her eyes and waited, either until death or someone tried to help her. All she did was wait.