Chapter Eighteen

(A/N) Thank you for getting this book to over 100 reads! Means a lot that people are actually interested enough to read this. Anyways, please enjoy and don't forget to vote and comment, helps me out a lot :)

"Raymond, it's gonna be ok," Seth said while patting the man's back. He tried everything he could to help calm him down, but he knew that would be impossible. Walter was propped up against the wall with his arms crossed. He was still a little shaken up from what had happened. Sure its true he isn't fazed by seeing a dead body or anything like that, but it was a whole different story when you're looking down at the body of a little child.

The doctor began walking down the hall towards the men. Raymond clenched his teeth together tightly. His heart began to beat fast.

"If you're going to tell me that she's dead, then just walk away," He whispered through his teeth. The doctor stood next to Raymond.

"No," he said, "she's perfectly fine."

Raymond looked up at him and got up from his seat. "Seriously?" The doctor nodded.

Seth smiled and Walter felt a relief in his chest.

"She is a bit irritable thought from a bump on her head which was cause by blunt force. Maybe like a fist or a rock. But other than that, she's doing great."

Raymond looked at Seth, raising his eyebrows. "Thank you, for finding her."

Seth nodded. "Of course."

"Come on, Mitch. Lets go see you're sister." Raymond held out his hand to his son who came running up to him to grab it. They walked off with the doctor down the hall from where he came from.

"Seth, you really are a hero."

Seth shrugged. "No. It's my job. Plus, she's a little girl. She shouldn't be going through this stuff."

Walter pushed himself off the wall. "Well I'm gonna go home. Tomorrow we can see what CSI found. You should go home and get some rest, Seth."

Seth shook his head. "No I'm fine," He said. Walter nodded and just waved goodbye to him as he walked away. Seth sat down and closed his eyes. He felt tired, but he didn't want to talk to his wife about what had just happened.

-x-

Walter walked up the stairs to the second floor which was where his apartment was. He turned the corner and noticed a woman standing in front of his apartment door. As he got closer he realized it was his neighbor who's apartment was right across from his door.

"Mrs. Jules, can I help you? Is everything alright?" Walter asked as concern filled his voice.

"Oh Walter, hello. I'm sorry I just heard someone crying hysterically inside. Figured it was your sister. I tried knocking on the door but she won't let me in."

Walter's eyebrow furrowed. He took out his keys in his pocket and quickly unlocked his door. His apartment was completely trashed. He stepped over the broken glass at the floor and noticed a trail of blood. He immediately grabbed the gun from his hip, slowly making his way to where he could hear the crying from. He slowly pushed open his bedroom door, his heart racing.

"Go away!" His sister shouted.

"Catherine!" Walter shouted as he shoved his gun back into his holster. He tended to his sister who was bleeding at her fists.

"I can't stop seeing him."

Walter turned his head to look at the mirror on the wall, seeing it completely shattered. In a way he felt relieved that it wasn't a break in or something close to that.

"Oh my," Mrs. Jules whispered. Walter turned to look at the woman who was staring at the scene. She pushed back the few gray hairs in her face.

"Mrs. Jules, could you please get me something to clean her wounds and bandage them up?"

The woman nodded and willingly left the room to look for something to help the girl's wounds. She came back seconds later with a bottle of hydrogen peroxide and some bandages.

"Thank you," Walter whispered, taking the items from her and setting them down on the nightstand next to him. He took his sisters hand into his. "I'm gonna start cleaning them." He smiled at her and pressed his lips against her forehead in a comforting way. He grabbed the hydrogen peroxide and a cotton ball, pouring some on then running it over her knuckles. Catherine flinched at the feeling but let him continue doing so.

"It's like I can still feel him on me."

Walter frowned at the mention of the man who ruined her life. He finished up with cleaning her cuts and moved on to bandage it up.

"It's ok, he's not here. And if he is then I'll fucking kill him."

Catherine felt tears falling off her chin. She nodded and cracked a smile. "I–I'm just so scared."

Walter placed his hands on her face, gently caressing her cheek. "Cat, you got nothing to be scared of anymore. You're safe here. And I'm not letting anyone lay a single finger on you."

"Promise?"

Walter smiled. This time he didn't hesitate. "I promise."

-x-

The man stared at the clock. It was only eleven fifty-five pm. He closed his eyes for a moment, thinking if he left anything behind.

No fingerprints, no hairs, no DNA in general. Nothing. He didn't forget to stab the fetus that was growing in her womb. He was sure to strike it, send a message out to the lonely man.

He opened his eyes back up. The room was dark except for the single light bulb that hung from the ceiling. He could hear the sound of the chair moving, followed by a whimper. He turned to look behind him, staring at the woman sitting in the chair with her arms cuffed to the arm rests and her ankles bound to the legs of the chair.

Only five more minutes.

The woman's pain was enjoyable to watch. It was a thrill. An epic adventure. The one where you're on a rollercoaster and it drops. You're heart begins to beat faster and all you can do is scream with both fear and excitement. That was the kind of thrill he experienced. And he loved every part of it. From when you get on the ride, to the drop, and when it comes to a stop. It felt like an addiction to him. He never wanted to get off the ride.

But at the same time, he hated feeling this way.

His eyes wondered up to the ceiling. The lightbulb began to flicker. He sighed against his mask, clutching on tightly to the axe as he walked over to her. The blade scraped against the floor.

The sound of a grandfather clock chimed as it hit midnight. The woman screamed against the gag and pulled against the restraints.

He lifted the axe over his head, bringing it down and burying the blade of the axe into her head over and over again. Blood was everywhere. He took in a deep breath and held on tight to the axe. His cold gaze wondered down to her.

With each kill, he understood more and more.