Chapter Twenty-Five

FBI agent Jordan Borres placed a hand on her hip as she looked at the dead body of Monica Worth on the metal table with a blue sheet over her body.

"Run it down with us," Jordan said as she stood with her partner, Johnathan Wallace.

"She's been dead for about three days," Brandon said. "The killer attacked her in her sleep and tied her up with rope that he brought along with him. After that he tortured her for a bit by cutting and hitting her.

Jonathan ran a hand down his dark–skinned face, letting out a sigh of annoyance. "Twenty–six years is too long. I'm tired of this shit."

"Patience is key."

"Fuck patience. He's already claimed the lives of over eighty victims, and possibly even more!"

Jordan closed her eyes and just decided to wait for her partner to calm down. She was a very peaceful person, while Jonathan was the complete opposite. After the death of his close friend, who was working on The Midnight Rose Murderer, he decided to take over the case in an attempt to make sure that all his hard work didn't go to waste.

Jonathan took in a couple deep breaths before lacing his fingers together. "Anything else, Nancy?"

"The other body has been identified as Ervin Lance, the son of a detective named Seth Lance."

Jordan raised a brow. "He's still alive, right?"

Brandon's eyes wondered down to Monica's dead body, staring at her face and staying quiet for a few seconds before shrugging. "I... don't know. Last I heard he's still in surgery. Life threatening injuries."

It was never good when a detectives work wiggled into their personal life. Especially when it had to do with their family's well–being.

"Come on, Jordan. We have to find her daughter," Jonathan said.

"Hold on, before you two there is something you should probably know." Brandon cleared his throat. "I've heard about detective Lance's partner, detective Ottoson. I've heard how he's very persistent. And he's going to want to get on this since his partners son was involved."

Jonathan frowned. "So... what? He's gonna try to take away my case that I've been working really hard on for the past few years? I don't think so." Jonathan remembered how much pain his friend went through when he worked on the case. And after several years of working it, he decided it wasn't worth it anymore and ate his own gun. But Jordan was only recently assigned to the case after Jonathan's last partner quit his job and moved all the way to Florida to get away from it all.

Brandon clutched onto the metal table that Monica Worth was lying on. "I didn't say he was going to take away your case, I just said that he'll want to get on this. Maybe work with him?"

Jonathan scoffed and rolled his eyes in annoyance. What a cunt.

"No, this is our case and we know more about this killer than anybody else does," Jonathan said. He turned to look at his partner. "Come on Jordan, we—"

"He's right," Jordan whispered. "If there truly is a connection to their case and ours, then we should work together to be able to find our killer."

Jonathan was shocked that Jordan accepted the idea. He didn't like collaborating with others except for his partner but even then he was still trying his best with being able to work with her. He felt upset and wanted to speak up. Instead, he kept his mouth shut and crossed his arms in frustration.

"Detective Wallace, shall we be off?" Jordan chimed with a smile. Jonathan bit his bottom lip before finally nodding.

"Yea fine whatever."