Chapter Twenty-Nine

(A/N) Thank you guys for getting this story to #83 in mystery/thriller and for 140 votes. Hope you enjoy this chapter, make sure to vote and comment it helps me out a lot! :)

"I give up," Raymond whispered to himself as he threw the ring onto his nightstand, deeply upset about it. He felt like throwing up again just by looking at it. It didn't make any sense to him. Was there a purpose behind giving him the ring?

He picked the letter back up, reading over it.

"So easy that my kids will be able to get it. Oh really?" Raymond rubbed his chin, realizing that he needed to shave off his in coming beard since he didn't like the feeling of facial hair.

The door swung open and Raymond quickly shoved the letter under his pillow, seeing his rambunctious kids climbing his bed.

"Hey guys," Raymond said with a fake smile to cover his surprise.

"Hi papa," Mitchell said. He looked so full of life and energy. "Look!" He exclaimed as he gave his dad a wide toothy smile. "I brushed all by myself!"

Raymond clapped at his sons success since he had trouble trying to brush his teeth by himself. "Great job, sport! I'm proud of you."

Kora's head turned to the ring in the zip lock bag that sat on the night stand. She pointed her little chubby baby finger at it.

"Papa, whats that?" She asked.

Raymond turned to look at it, cursing in his head as he totally forgot to hide it.

"Thats... mama's ring. When I proposed to her."

The two little children gasped and suddenly became more interested.

"Wow! Thats so cool!" Mitchell said with bright eyes. "Uh... what does 'proposed' mean?"

Raymond chuckled lightly as he gently patted his sons back. "Its when someone who loves another person asks to marry them."

"Papa, where you popose to mama?" Kora asked, butchering her words which made Raymond confused as to what she asked at first.

"I proposed to her on this beautiful beach that I always went to as a kid. And when I got down on my knee, the sun was beginning to set and—" Raymond's joyful smile suddenly fell as he suddenly realized it. It was the fucking beach

He clapped his hands together, startling his kids a bit.

"Who wants to go to the beach today?"

-x-

Out of the corner of Walter's eye, he could see Jordan Borres walking towards him, wearing a beautiful black body con dress that stopped right above the knee and exaggerated her curves. The sight of her made Walter's heart beat start to get faster. The way her dark brown hair bounced off her shoulders and her smooth looking tan legs moved.

Stop it! You don't like her!

"Hello there, Walter," Jordan said with a smile. Walter hesitantly looked up at her, tapping his pen against the desk.

"H–hello," he whispered back. "You look... great. Special occasion?"

Jordan looked down at herself, sighing and shrugging her shoulders. "Yea, kinda. My dad flew in from the Philippines last night as he wants to have dinner with me." Jordan fiddled with her earring, tipping her heel back.

"You seem upset about it."

Jordan nodded. "A little. He wants me to move to the Philippines with him."