Chapter Thirty-Six

(A/N) Just a little heads up, this is a very lengthy chapter, over 6,000 words to give you guys a little perspective. Anyways, please enjoy.

"Excited?" Victoria asked as she refilled Raymond's cup of coffee.

"Depending on your definition of excited," he replied back. Ray took a bite of his toast, gathering the scrambled eggs onto his fork. "Promise me you'll take good care of my kids, Vic."

Victoria smiled and nodded. "Of course I will! Plus, your sister will be coming as well to help. So you can count on us."

Raymond stared at her for a few seconds before nodding and eating the scrambled eggs on his fork. The doorbell rang and Victoria walked over to the front door, opening it to be greeted by Tanya who looked very energized.

"Someone looks really happy," Victoria joked.

Tanya chuckled. "Oh you bet your sweet ass I am." Tanya walked in and closed the door behind her. "Children are just what I love the most." She followed Victoria into the kitchen where Raymond was eating breakfast and sipping his coffee. "Hey little bro," she said.

Raymond sighed and looked at his sister. "Tanya, thanks for coming."

"Yea no problem. Anytime, really."

Raymond cracked half a smile, eating the last of his breakfast and the rest of his coffee. "I don't know if I'll be able to hold myself together."

Tanya smiled sadly and pulled him into a hug. "Oh, it'll be alright."

Victoria stood off to the side, watching the two siblings embracing each other for comfort. She averted her gaze and focused her attention back to making breakfast. "Hey, Tanya, want some breakfast?"

Tanya shook her head. "Ah, no thanks. I already had some before I left. But uh... coffee would be nice."

Victoria nodded and got to making more coffee.

Raymond looked down at his watch, deciding that it was time for him to go. "Alright ladies, I gotta go. I'll be back soon."

"We promise we won't burn the house down," Victoria joked. Raymond stopped and sighed.

"Maybe that wouldn't be so bad..." he whispered. Tanya and Victoria both looked at each other awkwardly. Raymond gave the two women one last look before leaving the house.

-x-

"You ok, kiddo?"

Sarah nodded and smiled nervously at her dad. "Yea, of course."

It was the first day of school and Sarah was nervous as hell. Then again, she should be used to it. She already knew what was going to happen. Other kids bullying her for being gay, some just ignoring her.

"Alright, good luck," Seth said, "Oh and before I forget, Walter will be picking you up after school."

Sarah furrowed a brow. "What? How come?"

"I need to do a few things and I'll be unavailable during that time. So Walter will pick you up after school."

"Ok... I guess." Sarah opened the car door and stepped out, looking up at the big letters of her school's name. Granite Bay High School, home of the Granite Bay Bears. Sarah looked back at her dad and waved goodbye at him, shutting the car door and watching him drive off. She took in a deep breath and began walking toward her school. There was only ten minutes before classes would start. She pulled out a list of her classes, looking over them and memorizing the room numbers.