Chapter Twenty-Six

(A/N) thank you for over 600 reads and over 100 votes! <3

The bag containing the ring inside sat in Raymond's palm. He stared at it closely. He knew it was his wife's ring. The one that went missing. But this time it was covered in blood. He knew it was covered in her blood. He felt sick just looking at it. But there was one question floating around in his head?

What do I do with it?

He rubbed his chin in confusion while thinking of why Jack—or whatever his real name was—would even give him that. Raymond picked up the letter and looked at it again.

"I... what?" He whispered to himself. He was grateful that Victoria took Raymond's kids out to the park since it was intensely hot that day, not to mention he could have some time to himself. In order to cool off, he wore nothing but shorts to feel free. But even then he could still feel the sweat dripping down his bare chest that was covered in a bit of hair.

Raymond threw the letter back onto the coffee table and rubbed his temples. He felt as if it was too silent in the house. He was after all alone. He reached over to grab where the remote was, but remembered that it went missing. Raymond groaned and rolled his eyes, laying down on the couch.

"Hm." His hand sat on his lap while the other was tucked behind his head. His mind began to drift off, thinking of certain things. He snaked his hand over to the button of his pants, undoing it before unzipping his pants.

"I'm bored and lonely... might as well." He slid his hand down into his pants, and a minute afterwards, he tensed up and stopped. He had a mental image of Jack watching him masturbating through the windows. It made him feel uneasy and awkward.

He stared at the window right behind him, hoping that Jack wasn't actually watching him masturbate since he did say he was watching him at all times.

"Fuck," Raymond spat in annoyance.

-x-

Jordan stared at herself in the mirror and stared at one of the things that she considered a flaw. Her monolid eyes. She swept her eyeshadow brush over her lids, going for the natural look. She always wanted to look like all the beautiful white women she constantly saw in the magazines. Slim, pale, and no monolids. The exact opposite of her.

Her russet brown eyes lowered over to the alarm clock sitting on her desk, realizing she spent too much time trying to perfect her eyes. She sighed and looked over herself to make sure she looked decent.

Good enough.

Jordan slid her Birkenstock shoes on which showed off her neat and recent pedicure. The heat outside was unbearable, which for some reason Jordan was ok with. She hated the cold weather, so she didn't mind sweating a little bit. Plus she was wearing a thin t–shirt and her long brown hair was thrown up into a pony–tail. She felt like she was good for the day.

She grabbed her purse and gave herself one last look in the mirror before walking out of her apartment.

-x-

Papers were scattered all over Walter's desk, which was a normal thing for Seth when he walked in with tired eyes. Walter tilted his head up to look over at his partner, frowning.

"Geez, Seth. How you holding up?" Walter asked. Seth barley shrugged his shoulders in response, plopping down into his seat as he loosened his tie and tore off his suit jacket.