Chapter Twenty-One

(A/N) This week I have testing! Yay for school amirite? Anyways, I'm not sure how many times I'll be uploading this week. Tomorrow is the first day of testing and I'm not stoked about it. It's suppose to end like Wednesday or Thursday. Plus I believe the quarter ends like Thursday or next week or something and I have to raise my grades up in a couple of classes cause I've been doing better than ever this year and I wanna keep it like that. This Friday however I have no school so I'll hopefully upload then. No promises. ANYWAYS this is long enough so ima stop here. Please enjoy and don't forget to vote and comment it helps me out a lot :)

Walter handed the piece of paper over the low bulletin that separated his desk from his partners. Seth took the paper from him, looking over it.

"So he did have a car accident. He's not lying about that then."

Walter pointed at the paper. "Keep reading."

Seth's chocolate brown eyes kept skimming over the words on the paper. "Joe took out one–thousand dollars for him? Damn, this lawyer must really love them."

"Yea, but the thing is, the car accident wasn't really that bad. So there would be no reason to pay a thousand dollars just for a little indent."

"So... he scammed him?"

Walter shrugged his shoulders. "I'm not so sure. I found this in Joe's files." He picked up a journal from his desk and handed it to his partner. "He kept it in his house to keep track of all the people he gave money to."

Seth looked over it and furrowed his brow. He could see a list of people who were all clients of Joe's. All of them had a number next to their names and the date he gave them the money. Some of them were as low as just fifty dollars, and some were as high as twenty–thousand. "Damn! This guy is rolling in money to just be giving it out to people."

"Yea, I know. His grandfather used to own a business. It made so much money that one of their rivals actually tried killing him."

"Whoa!"

"Crazy, right? But it doesn't end there. His grandfather had a will made out so that all of his money would go to Joe's dad. But he didn't want the money so his grandfather just gave it straight to Joe."

Seth tilted his head. "What? Are you kidding? I'd be lucky if my dad even gives me a quarter! Why didn't he want the money?"

Walter shrugged. "I'm not sure. I'm guessing they had bad blood or something. But still, that doesn't make me think that just because they weren't on good terms with each other, he wouldn't take the money. I feel like its something more."

Seth looked at the journal, flipping through the pages. The more he flipped, the more jealous he became or Joe Robinson due to how rich he was. Rich enough to just throw all the money away. His eyes scanned each and every page, until he reached Leonardo LaBelle's name. One–thousand dollars.

"I can barley keep my desk organized," Seth stated. He looked up from the journal and just stared off into space. Why wouldn't his father accept his grandfathers whopping amount of money? Sure, maybe they had some differences, but he would still most likely take the money.

"What if it was dirty money?" The two detectives said in unison.

"Jinx, you owe me a black coffee!"

Seth rolled his eyes. "Of course..."

-x-

Raymond tilted his head to the side. It felt weird to be standing inside his own house again. His two children chased each other around the house with no concern. He walked over to the living room. The remote to the tv was missing from its usual spot. He sat down on the couch and rested his elbows on his knees. He took in a deep breath.