Hey cutie! Please forgive me!

It was the next day and Rantarou was sitting with Kokichi and Kaede. This time, they chose to stay over at Rantarou's house, it was a Friday night there was no harm in it. Good thing they managed to get a good grade on that assignment they worked so hard on yesterday at the cafe, despite the distraction. They were all sitting on the floor with a board game sprawled out all over the floor, they were playing it earlier but they decided to give it a rest, especially since Kokichi kept cheating. Rantarou looked at Kokichi who had his classic grin. Rantarou at first thought it was because of the game until Kokichi opened his mouth.

"So Amami-kun, about that boy, did you call him up?" Kokichi asked with a smirk and Rantarou groaned. "Of course not!" He responded but Kokichi pouted. 'Wow Amami-chan, that's so rude! Imagine giving your number to a handsome boy only to be stood up! Unbelievable!" Kokichi exclaimed, he genuinely sounded hurt, it concerned Rantarou. "But! That's not my problem!" Kokichi's mood changed drastically as he went back to smiling. "I mean, you do have his number. Who knows? You two may become friends!" Kaede put in her input with a smile. "Akamatsu please don't encourage him." Rantarou said with a groan as Kokichi grinned, knowing that he's not alone. "Nishishi! See? Even Akamatsu-chan agrees with me!" Kokichi said with a triumph. Rantarou let out an exasperated sigh. He didn't want to end up calling a random stranger that was already humiliated by the event that happened yesterday. Rantarou could only hope that he forgot by now-

Rantarou looked at his desk to notice that his phone was gone. He panicked until he saw it pressed against Kokichi's cheek. Rantarou could only cringe at what was about to happen next.

Kokichi deepened his voice, trying to sound like Rantarou as the final dial rang.  Kaede looked at Kokichi in shock as Rantarou facepalmed.

"H-hello..? W-who is this..?

A soft voice spoke out of the phone's speaker. It sounded a little nervous due to it coming from an unknown number. Kokichi looked Rantarou directly in the eye as he spoke into the phone.

"Hey cutie, remember me? I was at the guy in the cafe and I just want to say that I think you're super adorable!" Kokichi spoke into the phone, trying not to snicker or giggle. Rantarou hated to admit it but Kokichi's impression of him wasn't so bad, which only made the situation worse. Kokichi heard a small squeak from the other side of the line. Was this boy not used to endearment?

"Ouma-kun please stop.. When I suggested Amami-kun to talk to him, I don't mean like that." Kaede said as the sight was also becoming painful for her to watch. Kokichi put his finger on his lips, he would shush her but he didn't want to break character.

"C-can I help you..?"  The voice spoke again. It sounded more nervous than before.

"Yeah by sucking my-"

"OUMA, I WILL DESTROY YOU!" Rantarou yelled as he sprinted to Kokichi, trying to get the phone from his hands. Kokichi kept giggling, not caring if he broke character anymore. He kept running and refusing Rantarou's grip as Rantarou kept trying to get the phone out of his grasp. After a while, Rantarou managed to overpower Kokichi and he grabbed his phone back, running somewhere where neither Kokichi or Kaede can interrupt him. Rantarou took a deep breath as he brought the phone to his ear, he could still hear some background noise, meaning that the boy didn't hang up. What a relief.

"Listen, that wasn't me." Rantarou spoke into the phone, trying to convince the boy that it was just one of Kokichi's lies. The line remained quiet for a little bit. Rantarou decided to keep going.

"The reason why I asked for your number was because my friend dared me. I don't mean to unsettle you or whatever. You can delete this number if you want and we can just pretend none of this happened. No hard feelings, right?" Rantarou reasoned and he grew anxious with how quiet the other voice was until it spoke.

"Y-yeah.. I-I forgive you.. H-have a nice night.." It spoke softly. It was good that he forgave Rantarou for the trainwreck that happened earlier. "You too." Rantarou replied and hung up. He walked back to his room where his friends sat. Kaede seemed to be scolding Kokichi. "So Amami-kun, how did it go?" Kaede asked and before Rantarou could answer Kokichi yelled. "Did he give you the booty call?" He asked with a smirk. "No! He forgave me and we settled that we'll just delete each other's numbers and pretend this never happened." Rantarou answered, glaring at Kokichi. "Aw bummer~" Kokichi pouted, that was the end to this prank. It was fun while it ran.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shuuichi sat in his room. He was sitting on his desk, cramming for a test he had on Monday. He seemed to be in the groove until his phone rang. The call both confused and scared him. First, someone was flirting with him then the call turned into a mess of "nishishi", static from the sounds of the phone being constantly moved, and the irritated voice of the actual person. At least they both settled on ending the fiasco, though the thought still flustered Shuuichi. To think a random guy would approach him just to ask for his number. It really would've been worse if those words weren't from the guy's friend.

He shook his head, this test was more important! He had no time to be worrying about strangers and weird phone calls! The stranger situation was settled so he no longer needed to think about it. He hoped that at least the other person is doing well. Hopefully, they can both forget about it. Though Shuuichi couldn't help but wonder why that guy's friend specifically chose him to fool and no one else? Maybe because Shuuichi is the same age? No, there were other high school students in there too, that couldn't be the case. Maybe it was a random selection. Shuuichi looked at his phone.

He opened it up, went to the recent calls, saw the unidentified number and he swiped it to delete it.