Hey! I like you!

Shuuichi buried his head in his hands as he repeated the words to himself once again, a wizard casting a meaningless spell. "I.. like you.. I-I like you.. I.. l-like you.. ilikeyouilikeyoui.. like.." He then cut himself off with a loud sigh as he toppled down and buried his head in his arms. What was he doing?

"Saihara-kun, are you alright?" Kiibo asked as Shuuichi looked up. Shuuichi looked from his warm fingertips to the many papers scattered on his desk, all of them also reading the same words as well as other words for self-rejected love letters. Shuuichi thought for a moment. "No." He simply replied after some time. Kiibo then sat across from Shuuichi's desk and picked up a letter.

"Dear Amami-kun—" "NO! D-don't read that! Or at least n-not out loud..!" Shuuichi immediately cut him off. Kiibo then just looked at the paper in confusion. "Like..?" He then asked. Shuuichi nodded. "I'm pretty sure the word you're looking for is love, Saihara-kun." Kiibo said calmly. "N-no! T-that's embarrassing..!" Shuuichi countered. "But that's what it is." Kiibo simply stated.

"Kiibo-san, I don't think you really understand." A feminine voice said and both of the boys turned their heads.

Their upperclassman, Sonia Nevermind, sat near them. "My apologies, I'm visiting the class in hopes to deliver something to your class representative from the older grades, but I don't think they're here at the moment." Sonia said politely. "Ah, b-but Sonia-senpai—" "well, I cant help but to overhear a conversation about love so I wanted to add some of my input if that's alright. I have binge watched enough Japanese rom-coms afterall, so I should have some useful knowledge!" Sonia explained with a smile. "But still, Kiibo-San, you do not understand the weight of the word 'love', it's a very heavy word that causes one to act all nervous and have butterflies in their stomach! It is not easy! But I don't blame you, you are a robot afterall." Sonia then explained.

"Hey! That's robophobic! I, too, can understand love! I-I just forgot, that's all!" Kiibo said defensively. Sonia's eyes then fell to the papers and she squealed. "Aw~ what do you plan to do with these? Sneak them into their locker and then ask for them to meet you up on the rooftop? Or ask to confess to them under a cherry tree?" She began to ask with enthusiasm. Shuuichi shook his head. "No.. t-these are no good so I'll just throw them away probably.." He simply murmured. "But Saihara-San you have to tell your crush somehow! You can do it!" Sonia urged. Shuuichi just looked away and gathered all the failed letters, scrunching them up together towards his chest. "Yeah! Digest the butterflies in your stomach before you get sick!" Kiibo tried to encourage but Shuuichi started to laugh. "The saying doesn't work like that, Kiibo-kun. There's no real butterflies." Shuuichi said with a smile.

Nonetheless, Shuuichi looked at Sonia and Kiibo with a smile. "Thank you guys, I-I'll figure it out somehow.." Shuuichi said shyly.

———————————————
Conversation with Ouma-kun
Conversation start Tuesday, 12:01 PM

> "hey Saihara-chan~ ()"

> "um why are you texting me during this time? Lunch is about to end.."

> "nice! It's enough for me to tell you one thing that's very important~"

> "?"

> "soooo I got impatient"
> "and I told Amami-chan about your little crush whoops~ ( ՞ ՞ )"

> "wait, what?!"

> "yeeeaaah But he won't believe me, so you need to confirm it with him (•̆•̆)"

> "wait!"
> "what the hell?! Why?!"

> " Go get 'em tiger! ( " •̀ •́ " )"

———————
The bell rung and Kokichi put his hands behind his head in satisfaction. Kaede sighed, she did not like the smile on his face. Clearly he did something wrong. "Ouma-kun, what did you do?" She asked. Kokichi just hummed innocently. "Nothing Akamatsu-chan~ Just texting our favorite nerd~" Kokichi answered. "You mean Saihara-kun?" She asked and Kokichi nodded.

Then Kaede went for it and grabbed Kokichi's phone. "Wha—!" He called out in surprise as Kaede held it in her hands. She saw the messages and looked at Kokichi in surprise. "Did you really do that?!" She asked and Kokichi laughed. "Nishishi~ of course not! I was lying!" He said in amusement. "Why?! That's terrible!" Kaede scolded. "Because we need to speed it up! The waiting game is sooo boooring!" Kokichi whined. Kaede just sighed and put a hand over her face. "Poor Saihara-kun.." She said to herself.

Rantarou walked up to them, returning from the vending machine with a drink in his hand. "Amami-chan! Are you excited after school?" Kokichi asked with a wide smile. "I guess..? I mean it's always nice to go home to my sisters." Rantarou answered. "No! Something special is happening!" Kokichi said with an irritated sigh. "Huh? Like what?" Rantarou asked. "Oh it's a surprise~!" Kokichi cheered. Rantarou squinted his eyes. "You're lying, aren't you?" He said. "No! I'm being honest!" Kokichi replied. Kaede leaned in and whispered to Kokichi's ear. "What are you saying? What if Saihara-kun doesn't do it?" She whispered. "Oh don't worry about it, Akamatsu-chan! I'll make sure it happens!" Kokichi replied with enthusiasm. Rantarou looked puzzled. Kokichi pointed a finger at Rantarou. "Just you wait! After school is going to be a doozy!" He said cheerfully. Kaede could already smell a disaster.

After school ended, they all waited for the bus. Kokichi frowned. "What's the matter?" Rantarou asked. "Saihara-chan is awfully late.." Kokichi murmured. "Yeah, I hope he won't be late for the bus." Rantarou said in agreement. "Sh! He's here!" Kaede said in a hushed whisper as Shuuichi rushed up to them. He looked like an absolute nervous wreck. His face was slightly red, he had a small bit of sweat on his skin from running so fast, and he was holding his hat down on his head. "S-sorry!" Shuuichi frantically apologized as he stopped. "There you are, we were a wondering where you were. I got worried for a moment." Rantarou said with a chuckle. "You were w-worrying about me..?" Shuuichi asked bashfully. "Well of course, I care about you." Rantarou said with his classic warm smile.

Shuuichi just nodded and looked down. He held the strap of his briefcase tightly. "Um.. A-Amami-kun.." Shuuichi finally managed to mumble. "Hm what is it?" Rantarou asked. Shuuichi remained quiet as he refused to look at Rantarou. Kokichi had his lips pursed, a look of temptation on his face. Kaede looked with anticipation. "I.." Shuuichi said, his voice barely a whisper. Shuuichi looked back at Kaede and Kokichi. Kaede pumped her fists and gave Shuuichi an encouraging smile while Kokichi gave him an annoyed look. Shuuichi slowly turned to Rantarou but still avoided eye contact.

"I.." Shuuichi began again. "You what?" Rantarou asked calmly. Shuuichi hesitated. "I.. like you.." He said in a squeaky low voice. "Huh?" Rantarou asked. "I-I like.. I like you..!" Shuuichi managed to blurt out after some moments of hesitation and fidgeting. Rantarou nervously chuckled. "Wow Saihara, I didn't expect—"

"YEET!" Kokichi yelled as he bumped his hip against Shuuichi and pushed him towards Rantarou, making them kiss. Kaede slowly clapped as everyone around the bus stop began to clap and cheer as well. Rantarou wrapped his arms around Shuuichi before the two finally parted. Rantarou smiled at the other, his face also red. "I didn't expect you to say it so suddenly but I like you too." Rantarou said calmly and the cheering grew louder. Shuuichi buried his face in Rantarou's chest in embarrassment.

After the cheering ceased, Kokichi also ceased his clapping and whistling and smiled. "Mission one accomplished." He said to himself.