Chapter 5

Warning: very very mild "language" as in douche

"Ice bear." You say looking at Panda as he gives you a sideways smile.
"Fine." David says as he blushes uncontrollably and sulks away.
"Dont worry y/n. You made the right choice."

(Time skip to home)

You're standing in your closet looking through your clothes, trying to figure out what to wear. You pick out a strapless white dress with white sandals. You step in front of your full body mirror on the back of your bathroom door before running out to hang out with the bears.
You smile brightly and skip down the path in the woods, trying to be quiet so Charlie doesn't hear you and come too.
You walk up to the door and knock three times before entering.
"Sup Grizz." You say sitting down on the couch next to him.
"Hey y/n." He says quickly, he's playing legend of Zelda wind waker, and facing a really big boss.
You watch him play for a while and Panda comes out of his room.
"Oh hey y/n, I thought you weren't coming till later." Panda says as he sits down next to you and Grizz.
"Well I was but I got bored at my house."
"Oh ha." Panda laughs and all three of you sit and play video games for a while. You, panda, and Grizz are all playing Billy Hatcher,
(anyone remember Billy Hatcher or wind waker?)
When you get a text from your mom. "Honey. I have something..." your phone is locked so you can't see the whole thing.
"Boom! Got you!" Grizz says. You sigh and put down your controller, picking up your phone. You open messaging and click the 'Mom' icon. You gasped as you read,
"Your father and I are getting a divorce. I'm sorry."
You drop your phone on the floor, causing a little crack to form on the top left of the screen.
"Y/n? What's wrong?" Panda says, he's been defeated too.
"M-my...parents are getting a divorce." You say, tears starting to trace the brim of your eyes. Grizz pauses the game.
"Oh, y/n, I'm so sorry." Grizz says and hugs you. You begin to cry lightly for a few minutes before sniffing and pulling back saying,
"I should go home. I probably have to pack up my stuff." You say sadly as two tears stream down each eye.
Grizz still has his arms on your back/ sides, and he says,
"Okay. But y/n if you want to come stay the night tonight, you can."
Ice bear walks in and his eyes widen.
You look at him and so does Grizz. "Y/n's parents are splitting up." Grizz says. You sniff and a few tears drop onto your dress.
"Ice bear is sorry." Ice bear says sitting behind you between you and Panda. You are trying not to cry harder, but couldn't help it. You put your hands to you face and sob gently. Ice bear scoots closer and wraps his arms around you, pulling you close to his furry body. You sob into his arms as he holds you.
"Ice bear never met parents." He says.
"I'm sorry Ice." You sniff, crying less now.
"Its getting late, I should probably get home." You say looking at the clock.
"Ice bear will walk y/n home." He says.
"Thanks." You say, smiling through the pain.
"Are you sure you'll be okay?" Panda says as he hugs you tight.
"I'm sure." You say. "Goodnight y/n." Grizz and Panda say sadly as the two of you walk down the dark path.
"Goodnight." You call back. The woods is such a different place at night, not scary, but...peaceful. the hum of crickets and tree frogs, the occasional hoot of an owl, yes, it's lulling.
But all the peacefulness is broken when you hear Charlie. You've began to recognise his footsteps, they're loud, and far apart.
Ice bear pulls you closer to his side. Is he, afraid?
"Its probably nothing." You try to convince him, but he stays with one arm in front of you, squinting into the trees.
"Heya friends!" You hear behind you. Ice bear jumps and spins around, and you turn around, used to it now.
"Hey Charlie." You say miserably.
"Aw, why the long face?" Charlie says when he notices your depressing tone.
"Uh, no reason."  You say, not looking him in the eyes.
"Ice bear insists we go." Ice bear is still looking off into the woods as you and Charlie talk, then you hear something too. A tree branch snap, and feet running.
"Ahh!" Charlie yells and ducks behind you. You see a white blur run past you, and Ice notices too.
"We should go." You say, getting worried now. Ice bear steps towards the noise a few feet, before something catches your eye.
"Look out!" You say, jumping on top of him, causing you to both fall. He looks surprised at your action, and you laugh nervously as you get up and say, "uh, there's a bear trap." You point to the silvery shiny trap that lay hidden under a bunch of leaves. Ice bear walks up and sticks a stick inside, and you hear a loud,
"SNAP" Charlie screams and runs up behind you again.
"Why is there a bear trap out here?" You say , looking around.
You walk up to a very large bush and look closely. There's a tall, white, figure standing there, taller and thicker than Charlie. (Thicc)
"Boo!" He yells, causing you to fall backwards, onto Charlie.
"Ahahahaha!" He says standing over you.
What a douche.
You think as Ice bear helps you to your feet.
"Ralph." Charlie says as he stands up. He sounded pretty annoyed, if this guy annoyed Charlie, he must be bad.
"Thats right tiny!" He says punching him 'playfully' on the arm.
"Ow!" He exclaims.
Ice bear growls softly, and you begin to be very annoyed with him. (Ralph)
"Who's the human?" He says, pointing his finger a little to close to your face for comfort.
"My name, is y/n." You say in a angry voice.
"Why are you hanging out with a human?" Ralph says looking at Charlie. "She's my friend." Charlie says angrily.
"You have a bad taste in friends." He said. You blush from anger, and start walking again saying,
"I should really get home." Ice bear walks up next to you and takes your hand in his. "O-okay, see you guys!" Charlie calls.
"Bye charlie." You call. You walk silently in anger and sadness before Ice bear say, "are you okay?" You feel your emotions swirl inside you. Anger, sadness, love, what is going on?
"Uh huh." You say, slowing down a little. Your eyes start to fill up again, but you quickly wipe them away.
"Y/n." Ice bear says and stops walking. You stop a couple feet in front of him, tears are now dropping freely again.
He comes up and puts his hand on your shoulder. Just by his warm touch your heart breaks even more. One tear drops, then two, then three and four... You lose count. Ice bear hugs you and strokes your head as you cry. Today has been an awful day.