chapter 10

You sit on the couch with Ice, panda and Grizz, watching the office. Ice bear has been acting more aggressive, maybe he's just stressed. You fall asleep on Ice bear's chest, and sleep for a few hours until 2:00 AM when you woke up because you had to pee. To your surprise, ice bear wasn't on the couch anymore.
Maybe he went to the fridge.
You thought as you head to the toilet. But when you looked down the hall you saw Ice bear, on all fours, ruffled up fur and claws unsheathed, eating some hot cheetos from Panda's room.
"Ice bear?..." You say opening the door so you could get a better look at him. At your voice his head snaps around and looks you dead in the eyes. Ice growls fiercely, and slowly walks towards you.
"Ice bear stop it!" You say backing against the wall. He doesn't stop. He bares his teeth and growl at you. You realize that bear must've had rabies or something, because Ice was now savage.
You look up into its solid black eyes, unable to find your little ice bear. His nose is right on your face, and your eyes are shut tightly.
Suddenly the growling stops, and you open one eye cautiously.
Ice bear is back to himself. He stands up and looks confused.
"Ice bear?" You say.
"How did ice bear get here?" He says. "Uhh..."
Is all you say, still backed against the wall. He looks at you and sees the fear in your eyes. "Ice bear didn't mean to cause harm..."
"No, you didn't hurt me." You say. "But you almost did." You whisper the last part. "Ice bear... doesn't feel right." He says.
"Maybe we should see a doctor." You suggest. "Ice bear doesn't need doctor."
"Yeah you do come on." You say taking him and swiftly but quietly heading out the door. "Y/n, angry grizzly bear." Ice bear says.
"We'll be fine. Just come on." You urge. The two of you start to hear bear noises, growls and grunts. Your eyes widen and you take ice bears hand and run as fast as you can. Again he grabs you and puts you on his back. You hold onto his fur for dear life and he runs fast. You turn your head and watch for the crazy bear, but he never appeared. Soon y'all are at the hospital, and you walk in with breathless Ice bear to the front desk. "We need to see a doctor quick." You say. "Is this an emergency?" The nurse says calmly. "Uh...well...kinda." You say. "You'll be seen shortly please take a seat over there." She says pointing to a bunch of full chairs. You sigh and look around, getting an idea. You take ice bears hand again and run down the hall, waiting. A person comes out of a room a few seconds after, and you run in before they could close the door. Ice bear sits down on the table, and you sit in the visitor chair. "Ice bear doesn't think this will help." Ice bear says and stands up. "Nonono!" You say urging him back up onto the table.
"They'll know what to do, I'm sure." You say and he sits back down. After a moment a nurse comes in, surprised to see a bear on the table. "And what seems to be the problem?" She says trembling with a clipboard and pen in hand.
"He turned savage." You say. "What?" She says no longer shaking but looking at you with a confused expression. You sigh shortly and explain: "have you seen zootopia?" "Yes..." "well you know how the animals started going savage and they didn't know why? Well the same happened to him, but it was only temporarily. See, a angry wild grizzly bear beat him up earlier, and he started acting aggressive, then I got up to use the bathroom and he was scavenging for food and saw me and almost ate me!" She stares blankly at you for a second. "Okay, what do you want me to do?" You scoff and say, "I don't know, tell us what's wrong?!" You say, annoyed at this useless nurse. "You'll have to go to a vet for that." She says.
*time skip to vet*
You and Ice sit in the lobby and watch pets go in and out. He looks worried. "We'll figure out what's wrong with you Ice. Don't worry." You say and intertwine your fingers with his. "Ice bear doesn't want to y/n again." He says. "You won't. I won't let it happen." You says smiling up at him. "Aww, what's his name?" An old woman says looking at Ice. Ice bear stars wide eyes at her, and you answer. "Um, Ice bear." You say looking just as uncomfortable as Ice does. "Oh what a lovely name." She says and pats his head before walking away with a little poodle at her side. "Y/n l/n." The vet tech calls out. (Vet tech is like the nurse in the animal hospital.)
You smile and stand up with Ice and follow her to a room in the back. "What seems to be the problem for...Ice...bear?" She says strangely. "Um, well first of all he's my friend not pet, and he can talk, just to get that out of the way, but we think he might be getting rabies." You say quickly. "Have you gotten rabies shots for him?" She says, completely ignoring the whole, 'he's a person' thing. "No, but see, there is this grizzly bear that attacked him and he was acting aggressive, then at 2:00 AM this morning he was like full savage, then we came here." You say.
"Well he doesn't have rabies, I can tell you that. But we'll do some tests." She says and walks out of the room, shutting the door behind her. You sigh and look over at Ice bear. He looks worried. Your eyelids get heavy and start to droop, and soon enough you fall asleep.

You wake up a while later and Ice bear shakes you to wake you up. "Ice bear is okay." He says with a smile when he sees your eyes open. You smile and stand up warily. "I'm glad. You ready to go?" You say and stretch.
"Ice bear is ready." The two of you walk out and go back home.

What is going on with Ice? Find out next tiiiime!