Leave the hurt behind

Christine walked back to Erik's office with her head down. She loved Erik but she couldn't help but be sad telling her husband goodbye. She knew that he would want to change for Meg. The only reason he began drinking was because of Christine. She knew that Raoul would love Meg will all of his heart.
"How did it go Christine?" Erik asked standing outside of his office.
Christine felt the tears fall from her eyes and she ran to Erik. She hugged his tightly never wanting to let go. She missed ten years without him she needed to make it up to him. All the things he went through were because of her. She could have ran away back to Erik but she didn't, she stayed in the arms of an abusive drunken man.
"It's ok Christine he can't hurt you anymore."
He said trying to soothe her sorrow.
"I'm sorry Erik it's all my fault."
"What is?"
"All the worry and depressed thoughts you had when I was gone. I made you feel defeated and betrayed. I'm so sorry my angel."
"It's all over now. Now I have you in my arms again and a son. I will stay with you until death. I couldn't ask for anything more."
He said kissing her head.
"I love you Erik."
"I love you too my Angel."
________________________________

"________________________________